Our Past

Alanna stood there gazing up at pictures on the walls. Ones of Roose Bolton in his younger years. Alanna gazed over the paintings of times long ago. She stood there for only a short time before the doors to the dining hall opened.

She turned at the sound of heavy boots against the floor. Turning she looked at Roose, who had indeed aged greatly, but in a fine way, much like how Tywin had done.

"Lady Alanna."

Roose greeted stopping before her. Alanna looked to Roose and gave him a proper curtsy before rising back up.

"Lord Bolton. It's been a while."

Roose looked at her. He took a good long look at her before he smirked and nodded his head slowly.

"And how you've grown. Even now you still glow just like before."

"I may glow, but the innocence of my youth is long since gone."

She explained causing Roose to lower his head in acknowledgement. She noticed his eyes glancing down her body quickly before drawing back to her own eyes.

"Yet your age seems to have hardly had any effect on you."

"I did not come here to talk about my age or looks, Lord Bolton."

He snorted and nodded his head slowly. Blinking his eyes just as slow he kept his gaze on her.

"I can only imagine why you're here. I didn't figure it was to reminisce about your past. Not with the Queen having a high bounty on your head."

He mentioned. Alanna just looked at him. She was so stoned faced even he couldn't read her well.

"Something about you killing your late husband and then fleeing with his youngest son, Tyrion Lannister? Cersei is going so far as to say that your child isn't even her father's that you and Tyrion -- "

"I hardly care about what others have to say about me. Let them talk. Whether it be a Queen or a sheep farmer I could care less. Only I know the truth."

Roose took a step closer to Alanna so fast that it somewhat shocked her, and Roose noticed. He smirked due to it.

"You certainly have grown into a woman, Alanna. Your parents would be proud of you."

Her eyes widened as her whole composure fell, crumbling like a rock into dust. Roose placed his fingers up under her chin and sighed deeply. The touch of his rough hands against her skin was - sadly enough - a much missed feeling.

"If only your brother would have kept your father's agreement, perhaps things would have ended up different."

Alanna blinked quickly at that statement, her whole body tensing up. She swallowed trying to keep her eyes open as his fingers moved from the bottom of her chin to around her throat. She inhaled deeply as he grabbed her and held her without squeezing too harshly.

Roose then leaned into her and inhaled the scent of her hair. His eyes closed as he kept his body close to hers. Memories of the two of them came flooding back to her. Painful memories.

"How I would have loved to have seen you laying on our bed during our wedding night."

He whispered softly. Alanna opened her eyes and turned her head to look at Roose, he in turn looked at her.

"Where is Sansa?"

She questioned. A smirk slowly came across his lips and he inhaled deeply. His fingers slowly relaxing against her neck as he pulled away completely, but not before running his finger across some of her loose hair.

"She's in her chambers. Come, I'll take you to her."