"Zach , look at me," I told him.
He slowly picked his head up and fixed his gaze on me.
"Where are we Zach? Do you have any idea?" I asked slowly

He nodded mechanically. Something definitely wasn't right. Zach was usually a talkative.

"Where are we?" I asked again

He looked like he was hesitating, but when he opened his mouth to speak, a lovely female voice cut him off.

"We're somewhere safe," she said
Her tone held finality and sounded familiar too.
I looked at a once empty seat at the table and sure as hell,it was now occupied.

How she had gotten in and taken a seat without us knowing was low on my priorities right now.

She looked so familiar, I could've sworn I'd seen her somewhere before.
I slowly assessed her with my eyes.
She had long silver hair and amber coloured eyes , and I didn't know why that meant something to me.

She was dressed formally, in a beautiful shimmering black dinner gown which hugged her very impressive figure.

On a normal day, I would've flirted with her and tried to reel her in except
1. The situation seemed far from normal
2. She wasn't behaving like normal girls and blushing at me

Why do I feel like I know her?

My eyes traveled back up to meet hers after I was done assessing her.
She held my gaze boldly and didn't look away in shyness.

I quirked an eyebrow. That's new.

No it's not you idiot!

Huh?

You know her!

I don't think I—

Shut up and ask you big oaf!

I really really hate my sub conscious sometimes.

"Err..." I poke for her name

"Susan," she offered simply

"Susan?" It came out like a question and she seemed slightly surprised but regained her calm composure.

"Yes, that's my name," she confirmed

That sounded wrong. The dull ache was increasing.

"Where are we Susan?" I asked

"Somewhere safe," she replied vaguely and began eating a plate of salad that had appeared infront of her.

Appeared to be that she wasn't going to answer my questions.

"Susan? Safe from what?"

She looked up at me and reached out to touch my face.
I instinctively shifted out of her reach and her hand stopped midway before she pulled it back.

Odd.
I usually let girls touch me. But it felt like I was used to dodging touches from her.

Hits!

Huh?

You dodged hits not touches!

From who? Her?

I can't remember yet, figure it out on your own.

I wish I could kill that stupid subconscious sometimes.

I looked at Zach who was still eating his salad. He hadn't spoken.

Then I glanced at Susan.

Something was wrong. Something was very wrong.

As if sensing my apprehension, the silver haired girl gave me a smile to reassure me.

That wasn't right.

The ache came back with full force and then...

I remembered....

Zach was dead...

But somehow the silver haired girl had brought him back....

I looked at her, her name was just beyond the reach of my memory.

Susan wasn't her name.

She was still smiling, and finally I remembered.

Nerd Witch. Riley.

"Riley never smiles," I said

Her smile dropped immediately and the glare I'd become so accustomed to took it's place.

"Nice to see you ,Riley" I chuckled

She looked beyond livid. She was about to talk when everything went dark.

                               ***

I slowly forced an eye open but shut it instantly because of the harsh glare of the sun through the open windows.

What demon decided it was a great idea to open the windows?!!

I tried to focus and my ears picked up a soft snoring sound and someone muttering Italian in their sleep.

I could recognize that voice anywhere

"S-Sydney?" I croaked. My throat was dry as if I hadn't drank water in days.
Luckily, Sydney was a light sleeper — perks of being trained in the mafia ( always be alert) — he jumped to his feet and pulled out his gun.

"Who's there?! I've got a fucking gun and I'll shoot if I have to or if I just feel like it!!" he threatened

I smirked "Aim away cuz"

He looked at me and blinked in disbelief

"Zion? Cuz? Are you okay?" he asked

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked ,honestly confused.
Sydney tucked the gun back into his jeans and shrugged.

"Well for one thing, you've been rambling about glowing silver hair and that Riley girl"

Then it all came back.

Zach died

Riley resurrected him

The dream I had!

My eyes widened "Zach?!"

"He's alright. Doctors said they can't explain what happened. That it was a miracle. We found you asleep on the floor and when you woke up, you kept yelling about the Riley girl entering the room and resurrecting Zach. You were sedated and you've been under observation. The doctors think that the trauma of Zach's death must've hit you worse than they thought"  he explained

"Sydney, you've got to believe me. It's true. I don't know how but it's true"

"Security cameras says something different Cuz. No one was here that night. I think you need to rest" he said

"M-maybe she hacked it! She's capable!" My mind went back to the day she told me she was hacking into the Russian military database

My cousin looked at me with pity and shook his head "I hate to do this to you Cuz , I really do..." then he walked to the door and called a nurse "... He needs to go back to sleep" he told her.

I panicked but my body was too heavy to move apparently because of the other doses I'd been receiving.

I shot Sydney a pleading look as the nurse plunged a needle into my arm

"Sydney please...you have...to..believe me.." my words were slurred as the drug took effect

"I'm sorry Cuz, get well soon" he shook his head slowly and left the room

"I'm not crazy..." I whispered as my vision became blurry.

But before I passed out, I could've sworn I heard a familiar snarl beside me.

A/N: Poor Zion :(
Oh well! Ta daa!
Here's your new chapter after my lazy ass was to lazy to update.
Vote and comment your thoughts please!
It's past midnight, don't want the demons to get me.

Your crazy amateur writer,
Sommy❤

Edited: 2nd June 2020