Later I was in the back of Bryn's Acura scrolling through my insta feed. "Telly I'm telling you. Be prepared for after the homecoming dance." Remie told me.

"Why?" I asked with an accidental hint of hostility in my voice.

"Why not. OMG You're gonna look so hot in your dress. Jared will have it on your bedroom floor in seconds." Bryn agreed with Rem. And then they chatted away about who knows what. I couldn't think about anything else except for what they both just said. Sex. With Jared. On the night of homecoming. The drive from the mall was long so I took my time daydreaming about it. Oh how much have I wanted this. I slept with exboyfriends of mine but they couldn't compare. I started feeling giddy inside. I continued scrolling through my feed. I arrived home at 10:30. I laid my bags on my loveseat and put my new shoes to the back of my closet along with my dress.  I popped the tags on my new nightclothes and slipped them on. I spilled the contents from a bath and body works bag and arranged it with my cosmetics and perfume. ping. I checked my phone.

Jared: Can I come over?

Me: Yeah sure.

I did a quick scan of my already clean room. Then emptied my bag from Abercrombie and hung my new hoodie up. I put my bags away and started playing Adele at a low volume. I washed my face removing any makeup and brushed my teeth. I walked back into my closet  attempting to find something to pull off an Ashton Irwin. Ripped jeans and a sleeve of a flannel with a nirvana shirt were found. I folded them in neat piles and placed them on a shelf. I walked out and changed the playlist. Imagine Dragons streamed through the speakers in my walls.

knock knock knock. I made my way to the front door and let Jared in. We entered my room and he dropped an overnight bag next to my desk as I sat on my loveseat. I picked up my copy of Beautiful Creatures and resumed in my reading. I felt the next cushion over sink indicating that Jared joined me. "Who are you dressing as tomorrow." He said genuinely curious.

"Ashton Irwin."

"There is no possible way you're gonna pull that off."

"Watch me."

"How was shoe shopping?"

"Awesome. I scored a beautiful pair. They go with my dress perfectly."

"Lemme see."

"It's a surprise. Just make sure you wear blood red."

"Okay."

"Okay. You know what we just did?"

"What?"

I smiled. "We just pulled an okay-okay. We're almost like Gus and Hazel."

" Why almost."

"Neither of us have cancer. You have both your legs and I have lungs that don't suck at being lungs. and you're still alive."

"Oh. Why did Logan freak out when he found out what Jace did."

"Because my wrists started to form bruises. He saw the big purple marks and started to rage."

"How'd you calm him down?"

"We watched a movie."

I answered his question and there was silence between us. Amsterdam was playing the background. Jared's hand moved to my bare knee and traced circles on it.

"Do you wanna know a secret?" He finally stated breaking the silence. I nodded. " Rem and Log flirted for a month before they got together. Bryn and Toph since sophmore year."  He informed me.

"They obviously didn't text for hours during the night."

"  I think we're worse."

"Way worse." He leaned in and kissed me. Slowly and then all at once. I bit his bottom lip. I climbed on top of him and tangled my hands in his hair tugging at the roots gently. A throaty moan escaped from him and his tongue massaged mine.