Epilogue

It was late at night when both Junhui and Minghao arrived at the Incheon Airport, tired and sleepy from their flight from China to Korea.

And yet there were fansites crowding their way to the exit.

Oh come on, it's midnight. Jun groaned internally. Don't these fansites ever rest?

The flash of a camera blinded his vision, he grimaced, but quickly tried to turn it into a grin. He raised his hand and waved weakly at the cameras.

Junhui searched the crowd of people for a familiar face, one particular face.

His hope was diminished, however, when he did not see Yenling in the crowd. He sighed, as the manager lead both him and Minghao slowly out the airport.

Minghao glanced at him. "She's not here." He said out loud.

"I know." Jun muttered. "Stop rubbing it in."

Minghao patted his friend on the back. "It's midnight. What did you expect?"

He expected Yenling to be waiting at the airport with the manager, possibly, her face lighting up when she sees him, rushing over and wrapping her arms around him.

He sighed again. Reality was not that rewarding, so it seems.

They got in the van, sitting next to each other as the manager climbed into the front seat and started the engine.

Being alone with Minghao in the back of the van, Jun was suddenly reminded of the insane ride Minghao had forced him to come along, how he sped down the empty roads with no licsense, just to catch Yenling at the airport a few months ago. He looked out the window, the memory making him queasy.

"Do you think we're ever going to be the same again?"

"Hmm?" Minghao said.

Jun coughed. He hadn't realised he had spoken out loud. "I-"

"Don't worry, man." His friend said, leaning back against the car seat. "I've seen the way she looked at you."

"Looked." Jun noted, "Past tense."

Minghao shrugged. "Before you pulled the whole 'I'm-going-to-pretend-I-hate-you-to-keep-you-safe' bullshit."

"That was a mistake." He admitted, coughing again to hide his discomfort. "It was the only thing I could think if at the time."

"Well, you can't change the past." Minghao replied, sighing. "Now she feels more closed off now. I can't read her expression as easily as before."

"Well, can you blame her?" Jun said blatantly, depressed. "I fucked up."

"Just give her some more time." His friend gave him a sympathetic smile. "She'll come around sooner or later."

Jun returned the smile, giving Minghao a small poke. "Thanks. Sometimes, I wonder if you are a better person for her." He wondered out loud.

"There you go again." Minghao said, shaking his head slightly. "Assuming what's best for her. Let her decide who she wants. Don't worry," he said again, "If she no longer had any feelings for you, she wouldn't have bothered giving you a second chance."

Junhui didn't answer, and the rest of the car ride passed in silence. He was too busy crowding his mind with new worries- What if Yenling lost her feelings for him in the last two months? That would explain how distant she felt sometimes.

But then again, he fucked up before. He lost her trust. Of course she would feel distant.

They arrived back at the dorms, Junhui shook Minghao's shoulder softly, waking him up. "Hao, we're back."