1.8

"Sorry, our apartment is kinda small." I took off my shoes and left them outside the door. Jun followed me.

He looked around. The potted plants around the doorway needed a trim. The Spring Couplets were peeling off the metal door.

I was screaming internally. I invited a kpop idol into my flat, without cleaning up first? What if it was worse inside? What if my sister left her dirty clothes on the floor in the living room again? What if my dad was sleeping naked on the couch?

Worst of all, what if my mom didn't even cook, and bought bentos instead?

I gulped, nervously punching in the code. The door unlocked. I slowly pushed it open.
Turning to Jun, I tried my best to smile welcomingly. "So uhh, welcome?"

Jun patted me on the head reassuringly. "It's okay, Shorty. I don't mind if you're home is messy."

"How the hell did you know I was worried about that?" I said, fairly annoyed. I was trying my best to hide it.

"It's normal." He shrugged. "You bring a handsome idol into your house. Of course you're nervous." He paused for a second, then busted out laughing. "Sorry."

I rolled my eyes, partly to conceal how I wanted to smile back and say he was cute when he did that, being all confident and narcissistic and laughing at his own words.

"Well, let's go in then, and hope my mom doesn't have a heart attack." Opening the door wider, I lead Jun inside.

=====================================================

For the record, my mom nearly did have a heart attack.

As soon as we stepped in, my mom came running towards us, her eyes wide with anger. "What were you thinking? Skipping school?" Steam were coming out of her ears. "I expected better from you, young lady. Your dad and I raised you better than this!"

I winced. For sure I knew this was going to happen, yet I took the risk. She paused, preparing to launch a second attack. I braced myself. Here it comes, the lecture about my responsibilities and my future and how I should grow up and become a proper adult. Believe me, I've heard this rant thousands of times before.

"Uh, ma'am," Jun spoke up, "Let me explain."

My mom paused, stunned. She turned her focus entirely on this new stranger. Her eyes narrowed as she looked him up and down, and back at me again, reading my expression. I did my best to keep my face blank.

She took a deep breath. "Yenling, didn't I tell you," she said quietly. I gulped. Oh no. Here comes the false accusations. "Didn't I tell you not to date until you're in college?" Her voice rose. "I can't-"

What's up with adults and their assumption that I was dating somebody? Get your facts straight, guys. Someone like me would never date someone like Jun. But no, grownups didn't understand. I rolled my eyes. Crap. She caught me. If looks could kill, I'd be buried right now.

"Ma'am?" Jun interrupted once more. He stepped forward, extending his hand. "My name is Wen Junhui, and I'm currently working as an idol in Korea. Pleased to be your acquaintance." He offered a dazzling smile.

Wow. Junhui was good. My mom immediately calmed down and nodded her head, and she even smiled, before shooting me another death glare.

"You're from Korea?" Her words were now sweet and caring, like those mothers you see on tv. Mom swapped to Korean in a flash. "Why don't you join us for dinner, Junhui? I'm sure my family won't mind. And we'd love to know you better." She started her way to the kitchen.

Jun turned and winked at me. "Works every time."

"How many times were you invited into someone's house with a screaming woman?"

"To be honest, this is the first." He laughed quietly, so my mom wouldn't hear. "All the other houses I was invited to didn't have screaming mothers. All of them fell dead when they saw my handsome looks."

I raised my eyebrows. He coughed. "Never mind."

"That's more like it," I said, smirking, secretly adoring his cuteness.

My sister came running from our room, screeched to a stop when she saw Jun standing next to me.

She groaned. "Really? Wen Junhui lookalike?" Sarah shot me a disapproving stare. "Do you stan him that much that you would risk bringing a stranger back home?"

"Shut up." I hissed, trying to cover up my embarrassment. Leave it to my sister to say something stupid like that in front of my bias.

Sarah looked up at Jun, crossing her arms above her chest. "Are you the real thing?" She questioned.

"The one and only." Jun replied smoothly." He reached to ruffle her hair but Sarah quickly jumped out of reach.

"I don't believe you." Sarah declared loudly. "I say you're Yenling's friend at school, but decided to do a plastic surgery."

"Just ignore her." I muttered to Jun.

"Nah," Jun looked amused. "She's funny. I like her."

"Well I don't like you." She shot back.

"But wait!" Jun squatted down so he was eye level with her. "Did I mention that I know Jisoo from Blackpink?"

The expression on Sarah's face turned from disgust to delight in a milisecond. "You do?" She squealed, so excited that she started jumping up and down. "Can I meet her? Can I get her autograph?"

Jun chuckled. "Of course. What's your name?"

"Sarah."

"Alright then, I'll tell her all about you." He said, and gave her a hearty wink.

Sarah turned to me. "I like your new friend," she said happily, giving me the thumbs up and skipping to the dining room.

Jun stood up. "How did I do?" He said, smirking.

"You're a natural." I said grudgingly. "How did you know she liked Blackpink anyway?"

He pointed to a cut out piece of magazine lying on the floor. "That. She cut out Jisoo specifically too."

I bent down and picked it up. He was right. The magazine featured an exclusive interview with Blackpink, and there was a hole where Jisoo was missing. "You really are something." I said. "Are you trying to win my whole family over?"

"Yeah. Am I succeeding?"

"Maybe." I teased. "Maybe they're just pretending to like you, you know?"

"Of course not. Who wouldn't like me?" He said, pretending to be shocked.

"My dad." I said simply. My dad was hard to please. He was less strict than my mom, however he was the type who hid what he really felt about a person.

Jun brushed it off. "I can handle anyone." He paused, sniffing the air. "Is your mom making fried rice?"

"Yeah." Oh man, what if Jun didn't like fried rice? And why do I care so much if he liked it or not? It's just one dinner. Wasn't it?

To my relief, he seemed happy with the food choice. "Come on then, what are we waiting for?" He said cheerily. "Don't keep your mom waiting and lead the way!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+*+Author's Note+*+
This was actually based on my family in real life. XD
Yes, my sister is a little brat.
Yes, my dad sleeps naked on the couch sometimes.
Yes, my mom is strict. Like hell.
And no, Jun did not visit my family. (I cry)

Don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter! <3