3.3

Strangely enough, Jun didn't mention anything about a "date" during the rest of the week, until Saturday morning, when he sent me a small text.

Hey, Shorty, meet us at the front door.

To be honest, I kinda already thought the note was a practical joke by Wonwoo by then. So when I groggily read the message this morning, my eyes widened. "Shit." I muttered. I haven't even prepared yet, and I'm already late? Damn you, Wen Junhui.

Someone knocked on my door. I rubbed my eyes. Was it Jun, annoyed that I haven't got up yet? "In a moment." I mumbled, changing quickly out of my pajamas and into whatever was besides my bed.

I opened the door, to see Wonwoo, looking curiously at me. "Hey. They sent me up. To check on you, since you didn't show up."

I ran my hands through my hair, annoyed. It wouldn't be so hard for Jun to text me beforehand. A little notice would have been nice. "I thought he bailed." I said. "He didn't say anything about the date. Until this morning."

"Yeah, that's the thing." Wonwoo looked away, suddenly awkward. Then I noticed all the things I haven't paid much attention to. The text said meet us at the front door. Wonwoo said they sent him here to check on me.

"It's not a date, isn't it?" I said quietly, clenching my fists slightly. I'm going to kill Jun for letting my hopes up. Should've known it was too good to be true.

"Yeah." He answered. "Turns out Sunhee is going too."

Great. My day just got so much better. I bit my lip, irritated at myself for finding Sunhee not so enjoyable. I don't even know the girl, and I've already got a bad impression of her just because I was jealous. I haven't even given her a chance. I took a deep breath. At least I'll get to know her better today.

Wonwoo gave me a tiny smile. "Hey, at least you still get to spend some time with him."

"And how do you know I want to spend time with him?" Was it that obvious? "I mean, he's the one that supposedly asked me out."

"No offense, but it was pretty obvious you had a thing for him." He shrugged, as if he knowing whay I tried so hard to hide was not a big deal. "Don't worry. I won't tell anyone else."

That's not the point, Wonwoo. If you could tell, anyone else could probably see right through me.

"And for your credit, you did a pretty good job hiding it." He said, reading my thoughts. "Pretty sure no one else would notice it."

Thank God.

"So come on, at least dress up pretty. Wear something that screams 'you should totally fall in love with me'." He said, winking. He flung open my closet, searching. "This is the one." He held out an outfit. I bought that one during our shopping trip, although I haven't worn it yet.

I slipped into the bathroom to try it on. Glancing at myself in the mirror, I self consciously pulled my miniskirt to cover my thighs. Did I mention I had thick thighs? Did I mention I hated wearing skirts? The whole outfit was pastel themed, and Wonwoo even pulled out a rose quartz headband to match.

I did a twirl. I looked actually... kinda nice. But definitely not myself. Wonwoo whistled when I came out, giving me the thumbs up. "Sexy and cute. Awesome."

"I don't know. I feel weird." I mumbled. This skirt is really too short. From someone who wore jeans every day, this was a big leap. Maybe too big.

However, Wonwoo didn't give me time to change my mind. He ushered me out of the room and to the front door.

Jun and Sunhee, leaning against the door, chatting as if they've known each other for a long time. A sour taste filled my mouth.

As we approached, Jun looked up, his eyes brightening when it laid eyes on me. "Shorty! You're late." He said, feigning annoyance. He ruffled my hair.