2.8

It has been two days since the shopping trip. I was cleaning up my room again, placing my newly bought items into my closet neatly. I put the books Wonwoo recommended me in a small shelf under the loft bed. I already finished one, staying up late at night, sipping cool lemon black tea and flipping the pages.

In the past two days, I became closer with Wonwoo. We talked about the book I was reading and exchanged thoughts. Before, I thought he didn't talk much, but he opened up when he was talking about his interests. The way his eyes lit up when I brought up his favorite topics was pretty adorable.

Woozi had been working ever since, claiming whatever he was working on 'the greatest piece ever'. He stayed indoors, composing. An hour ago, he came out of the room, his hair a tangled mess and bags under his eyes, looking stressed out. I offered to make him coffee, and told him to wait for me in my room. When I came back, he was lying on my bed, fast asleep.

I looked up. A tuft of Woozi's hair stuck out from underneath the blankets. He took care for me when I first came here. Now it's my turn to do the same. I turned on the air conditioner, since it was pretty hot in the room. I turned off the lights and gently closed the door behind me.

There was a whoosh, and before I could relax, something hard hit my head.

I yelled, then quickly covered my mouth. I shouldn't wake Woozi up. I picked up a roundish object on the floor. A baseball.

A flustered Dokyeom came running towards me, followed by Soonyoung, who was laughing his head off.

"I'm so sorry, Yenling!" Dokyeom apologized as I handed him the baseball. "Hoshi just came back, and I got excited, and I threw the ball at him, and he ducked, and-"

"It's okay, DK." I whispered. "Let's talk somewhere else. Jihoon's sleeping."

Hoshi dropped his backpack. "He's sleeping in your room?" His mouth was wide open.

I herded them towards the living room. Hoshi collapsed on the couch, throwing his pack on the floor. He looked up at me, grinning. "Woozi's sleeping in your room?"

"What's wrong with that?" I asked.

"No, it's just that he only ever falls asleep on his own bed. I don't think I ever seen him sleep anywhere else."

DK shook his head. "No, Hosh, Woozi whenever he puts his head on the table. Remember? Didn't we try to prank him?"

"Well, there were a few exceptions." Hoshi slapped me on the back. "It means he trusts you, Yenling. Congrats!"

"Umm... Thanks?"

"Yo, Hosh!" Joshua walked into the room, earphones plugged in his ear. He took them out, and gave Hoshi a fist bump.

"Did you miss me?" Hoshi pulled Joshua on to the sofa. "Did you, Josh?"

"Sure, I did, bro." Joshua grinned. "How's your family?"

"They're fine. Great as ever. They said they still loved their little cute Soonyoung." Hoshi did aegyo, trying to imitate a baby's voice.

I cringed. "Stop."

Joshua raised an eyebrow. "Yenling, you don't like aegyo?"