2.1

"And this is...?"

"Hey. She's Wang Yenling. Say hi."

"...Hi?"

"She's shorter than you, Jihoon."

"Oh, shut up."

"Jun, you go to a family reunion and get yourself a girl? Honestly."

"Hey, at least I found an assistant. Be grateful."

"Well then. Be polite kids, and introduce yourselves."

"Nah. I'm pretty sure she knows you all already. Like, not in stalker way. In a Carat name."

"So you know what my real name is?"

"Of course she does, you idiot. Everyone knows your name is Soonyoung."

"Kids! It doesn't matter if she knows you or not. Introduce yourselves and welcome her. She's part of the team now."

"Let's do it together. One, two, three!"

"Say the name! Hello, we are Seventeen!"

========================================================

( Three Hours Ago )

I watched as the silhouettes of my parents disappear in the crowd. I was going to be away for so long. I wonder if they would miss me. Which was a stupid thought, really. Of course parents would miss their kids. But mine always puts up a straight face and hides their emotions. Underneath all that pride, I'm pretty sure they're crying on each other's shoulders now.

"Remember to call if anything happens." My mom had said. She also told Jun to take good care of me.

My dad patted me on the head and told me to be careful. "Keep in touch." He said, pointing to my phone. "I'm sure you have time to text once your there, since you're always on your phone."

"Shorty?" I snapped out of my thoughts. Jun was sitting on a sofa, in yet another hoodie and mask. Honestly, he should change it. People would know it was him by now. He patted the seat besides him, motioning for me to sit down.

"You miss your parents already?"

"What? No."

He raised an eyebrow. I sighed. "Well. Maybe..." I paused. "Not."

"You don't?" He sounded surprised.

"To be honest, no." I leaned back, letting the breeze of the air conditioner wash across my face. "They've been too strict. Never letting me do what I want. The only thing they want me to do is to study and get into med school." The breeze was relaxing. I closed my eyes. "Now I get to be independent. Does that make me a bad daughter, for not missing them as much as I should?"

I could sense Jun fidgeting in his seat. "Will you miss them? In the future?"

"Of course I will. In another two months, probably. But not now. Now, I just feel free, you know?"

He let out a breath. "That's good. I mean, that you will miss them. When I left home, I felt excitement too. But I also got very homesick during pre-debut." He nudged me. I opened my eyes to look at him. "Hopefully you won't feel as sad as I felt."

Was he concerned for me? That's cute. I laughed, nudging him back. "At least I wouldn't have to learn Korean from scratch."

"That reminds me. Are you good at it? I know you understand it but can you speak it well?"

"I don't know. I haven't spoken it in a long time." In other words, I have never spoken Korean to anyone other than my mom. My Korean was probably a little rusty. Hopefully, Jun won't rest me on it.