5.3

"She's gone." Minghao said numbly. "She's gone, she's gone." He slammed his fist into the driver's wheel. 「幹!」

Jun sat besides him, leaning against the window. Tears were threatening to fall. That smile. That heartbroken, sweet smile, full of hurt and longing, with a dip of sorrow and regret. He couldn't trace any anger in her expression. She was trying to stay strong, to reassure him that she was fine, and that he, they, should leave her to be.

Minghao was tugging at his hair with frustration and anger. His eyes were red. "You just had to lose yourself like that. If you hadn't charged in like that, we could've at least sneaked in, or bought a ticket and go in after her!"

Jun stayed silent, his face in his hands. Minghao was right, he shouldn't have done any of that. He should've stayed back, watched from a distance. She shouldn't even see him.

Minghao shook his head. "I honestly don't get you, Wen Junhui. First you act as if you don't care, then you run after her like your life depended on it. What is wrong with you?"

"I don't know." Jun said, his voice raspy.

In a flash Minghao was leaning over to his seat, his hands grabbing collar. His knuckles were red. He pulled him closer, his grip tightening with every second. "Tell me, Wen Jun fucking Hui. Tell me why you did all this. Tell me why you broke her heart."

Jun struggled to speak. "I- I can't."

Minghao slammed his fist into his stomach, causing him to double over in pain. "Tell me." He said calmly, his grip on his collar never loosening. "Tell me, or I'll punch you again. I'll make you tell me."

"But-" Minghao raised his fist, bringing it down into his stomach once more. Jun groaned, coughing. "Minghao please," He held up his hands in surrender. "Not in here."

Minghao raised his eyebrows. "You want me to kill you outside, in the airport parking lot?" He opened the car door, raising his foot and kicking him out of the seat. "Get out."

Jun fell onto the asphalt, the rough surface tearing into his skin. He smelled blood. He stood up, grunting in pain, hugging his stomach.

Minghao stood over him, and there were no emotion on his face. No mercy.

"Why are you like this, Minghao?" Jun said, coughing. "You were a caring man. You never used violence unless necessary. This isn't like you at all."

There were a flicker of emotion on Minghao's face. Guilt? Hurt? But it was gone in a second, leaving Jun to think he had just imagined it. "Just tell me." His voice was dangerously calm.

Jun winced, the tear on his elbow when he hit the asphalt sent spikes of pain up his arm. "Minghao, what I'm about to tell you- Never say it in the car, or in the dorm, or anywhere near Sunhee. Promise me."

Minghao's face hardened, but he nodded.

Jun started to recount the events of the past few weeks. How Sunhee cornered him in that dingy house that day. She had told him about the hidden cameras installed all around the dorm, the two vans, and in the training rooms, even in Yenling's bathroom. She had threatened to completely ruin Yenling's reputation if Jun refused to cooperate. She had ignited a spark on stage that day, and she had ways of doing it again. Make the entire kpop fandom hate her, and eventually spreading the flames on national television, releasing false rumors accompanied with pictures taken with the cameras, edited, to match whatever the rumor was about.

It was amazing yet horrifying what Sunhee could do to the photos. Jun has seen her edit them first hand. Place Dokyeom without a shirt right next to Yenling in a towel in the bathroom- boom, another scandal. Sunhee knew how to pull the strings behind the scenes, directing the moves and reactions of the public like a puppeteer. She could bribe newscasters into reporting her stories, flirt and manipulate her way into other celebrities and powerful leaders, influencing more and more people to back her up, to believe everything that came out of her mouth.