*Snape don't!

The stand-off between Severus and Briar was finally broken when Snape finally spoke, reaching for something under his arm

"I found this at the base of the Whomping Willow," said Snape, throwing the cloak aside "Very useful, Potter, I thank you..." Snape was slightly breathless, but his face was full of suppressed triumph. "You're wondering,perhaps, how I knew you were here? I've just been to your office,Lupin. You forgot to take your potion tonight, so I took a gobletful along. And very lucky Idid... lucky for me, I mean. Lying on your desk was a certain map. One glance at it told me all Ineeded to know. I saw you running along this passageway and out of sight." 

"Severus —" Lupin began, but Snape overrode him. 

"I've told the headmaster again and again that you're helping your old friend Black into thecastle, Lupin, and here's the proof. Not even I dreamed you would have the nerve to use this oldplace as your hideout —" 

"Severus, you're making a mistake," said Lupin urgently. "You haven't heard everything — Ican explain — Sirius is not here to kill Harry —" 

"Two more for Azkaban tonight," said Snape, his eyes now gleaming fanatically. "I shall beinterested to see how Dumbledore takes this... He was quite convinced you were harmless, youknow, Lupin... a tame werewolf —" 

"You fool," said Lupin softly. "Is a schoolboy grudge worth putting an innocent man back insideAzkaban?"

Snape directed his wand towards Black now instead. "Give me a reason to do it, and I swear I will." But Briar stepped between them again too, her wand remained raised and pointed directly at Snape. He chuckled darkly and moved his to her now too, much to the alarm of everyone in the room "Perhaps it'll be three for Azkaban"

"Try me" Briar whispered coldly

"I can expel you right now Ms Lupin" He warned

"I don't care" she shot back "My dad explained everything. How the reason you despise me is because of the others leading you here when he was transformed. My dad had nothing to do with that-"

"SILENCE!" He barked 

"My dad and Sirius are innocent!" She shouted back 

"DON'T TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" He continued to bellow "I warned Dumbledore of letting you come here! Nothing more than filthy half breed just like your father!-"

"Shut up" Briar said quietly. Her voice was cold, laced with fury, but the calmness overshadowing it frightened everyone

"An orphan child abandoned by her filthy father-!"

"SHUT UP!" She roared, raising her wand higher "Expelliarmus!" except that hers wasn't the only voice that shouted. There was ablast that made the door rattle on its hinges; Snape was lifted off his feet and slammed into thewall, then slid down it to the floor, a trickle of blood oozing from under his hair. He had beenknocked out. Briar looked around, seeing Harry with his own wand raised. He had tried to disarm Snape at exactly the samemoment.

"You attacked a teacher!" Hermione shrieked "We're going to be in so much trouble-"

"He deserved it" Harry said and Briar smiled at him in understanding

Sirius glanced between them, finding comfort in knowing that the brotherhood and friendship he and the Marauders had had was living on in their children now "Thank you" He said to them both "It's time we offered you some proof. You, boy — give me Peter, please.Now."

"Okay, sayPettigrew could turn into a rat — there are millions of rats — how's he supposed to know whichone he is after if he was locked up in Azkaban?" Ron asked the others