*Snatched

After the awful end to the Lovegood visit, the four teenagers were taking more precautions than usual to stay hidden and safe. Until March, it seemed like their luck for anything had run out, until Ron finally got the password for Potterwatch, so they could spend every evening gathered around the radio listening to Lee Jordan and his guest Kingsley

The news so far was about the murders of Ted Tonks, Dirk Cresswell, and Gornuk, and the disappearance of Dean Thomas, and the discovery of Bathilda Bagshot's remains.

Tonight was a full moon so Briar was only half-listening, with her head on her arms, lying on the table.

"And what would you say, Royal, to those listeners who replythat in these dangerous times, it should be 'Wizards first'?" asked Lee. 

"I'd say that it's one short step from 'Wizards first' to 'Purebloods first,' and then to 'Death Eaters,'" replied Kingsley. "We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving." 

"Excellently put, Royal, and you've got my vote for Minister of Magic if we ever get out of this mess," said Lee. "And now, over to Romulus for our popular feature 'Pals of Potter.'" 

"Thanks, River," said another very familiar voice. A voice that made Briar shoot up in her seat and clasp her hand over her mouth, ignoring the pain in her spine as she did.

"Dad," she whispered in shock

"Romulus, do you maintain, as you have every time you've appeared on our program, that Harry Potter is still alive?" 

"I do," said Lupin firmly. "There is no doubt at all in my mind that his death would be proclaimed as widely as possible by the Death Eaters if it had happened, because it would strike a deadly blow at the morale of those resisting the new regime. 'TheBoy Who Lived' remains a symbol of everything for which we are fighting: the triumph of good, the power of innocence, the need to keep resisting."

"And Romulus, your daughter has been missing too, if she was listening what would you want to say to her?"

"I'd tell him I'm always behind her back" he replied and Briar could hear the sudden throatiness to his voice, telling her that he was choking up "And that even when she feels defeated, we're all with them in spirit. I also want her to know I love her and we're safe"

"He's living with Tonks again," Briar whispered with a smile, her eyes shining with tears

She failed to pay attention to any of the rest of the broadcast, as all she could think about was the relief she felt knowing her dad and Tonks and her new sibling were safe. It gave her hope that maybe they would all be together again.

"Good, eh?" said Ron happily when it ended

"Brilliant," said Harry. 

"It's so brave of them," sighed Hermione admiringly. "If they were found . . . " 

"Well, they keep on the move, don't they?" said Ron. "Like us."

"But did you hear what Fred said?" asked Harry excitedly; "He's abroad! He's still looking for the Wand, I knew it!" 

"Harry— " 

"Come on, Hermione, why are you so determined not to admit it? Vol— " 

"HARRY!" 

"NO!" 

"—demort's after the Elder Wand!" 

"The name's Taboo!" Ron bellowed, leaping to his feet as aloud crack sounded outside the tent. "I told you, Harry, I told you, we can't say it anymore—we've got to put the protection back around us—quickly—it's how they find— "