*Quidditch World Cup

The morning after Briar's birthday, both she and Harry were half asleep at breakfast due to their late night quidditch jaunts. So Mrs Weasley spent the entire meal rambling about how they should have gone to bed earlier, putting all of the children in a sour mood

What made it worse, was knowing that Bill, Charlie, and Percy would be sleeping in since they could apparate to the quidditch world cup later on 

"Why do we have to be up so early?" Ginny said, rubbing her eyes 

"We've got a bit of a walk," said Mr. Weasley. 

"Walk?" asked Harry. "What, are we walking to the World Cup?" 

"No, no, that's miles away," said Mr. Weasley, smiling. "We only need to walk ashort way. It's just that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards tocongregate without attracting Muggle attention. We have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times, and on a huge occasion like the QuidditchWorld Cup-" 

"George!" said Mrs. Weasley sharply, and they all jumped. 

"What?" said George, in an innocent tone  

"What is that in your pocket?" 

"Nothing!" 

"Don't you lie to me!"Mrs. Weasley pointed her wand at George's pocket and said, "Accio!"Several small, brightly coloured objects zoomed out of George's pocket; he made agrab for them but missed, and they sped right into Mrs. Weasley's outstretchedhand."We told you to destroy them!" said Mrs. Weasley furiously, holding up whatwere unmistakably more Ton-Tongue Toffees. "We told you to get rid of the lot!Empty your pockets, go on, both of you!"It was an unpleasant scene as by using herSummoning Charm, Mrs. Weasley managed to find all the sweets they had smuggled "Accio! Accio! Accio!" she shouted, and toffees zoomed from all sorts of unlikelyplaces, including the lining of George's jacket and the turn-ups of Fred's jeans. 

"We spent six months developing those!" Fred shouted at his mother as she threwthe toffees away. 

"Oh a fine way to spend six months!" she shrieked. "No wonder you didn't getmore O.W.L.s!" 

The atmosphere continued to be unfriendly as they departed. Mrs.Weasley was still glowering as she kissed Mr. Weasley on the cheek, though notnearly as much as the twins, who each hoisted their rucksacks onto their backsand walked out without a word to her."Well, have a lovely time," said Mrs. Weasley, "and behave yourselves," shecalled after the twins' retreating backs, but they did not look back or answer. "I'llsend Bill, Charlie, and Percy along around midday," Mrs. Weasley said to Mr.Weasley, as he, Harry, Briar, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny set off across the dark yardafter Fred and George.

The large group continued to walk through the dark, noticing as it got lighter slowly, only by the appearance of shadows. They trekked for hours and hours through villages and thick woods until they reached the top of a hill

"Whew," panted Mr. Weasley, taking off his glasses and wiping them on hissweater. "Well, we've made good time - we've got ten minutes. Now we just need the Portkey. It won't be big.... Come on..."They spread out, searching. They had only been at it for a couple of minutes,however, when a shout broke the early morning silence

"Over here, Arthur! Over here, son, we've got it."Two tall figures were silhouetted against the starry sky on the other side of thehilltop. 

"Amos!" said Mr. Weasley, smiling as he strode over to the man who had shouted.The rest of them followed.Mr. Weasley was shaking hands with a ruddy-faced wizard with a scrubby brownbeard, who was holding a mouldy-looking old boot in his other hand."This is Amos Diggory, everyone," said Mr. Weasley. "He works for theDepartment for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. And I think youknow his son, Cedric?"