*Attack at the Ministry

Briar had been thoroughly looking forward to the Christmas holidays this year more than any other year because she was going to return to 12 Grimmauld Place, and she would get to escape Umbridge and her horridness.

However she was sad to be leaving the D.A. meetings since they had been the only thing she ever looked forward to. Even quidditch wasn't as fun, despite Angelina managing to replace Harry, Fred, and George with Ginny, Andrew Kirke, and Jack Sloper. 

But the night before they were due to be leaving Hogwarts for the holidays, Briar found her sleep being interrupted by someone shaking her

"Ms Lupin! Ms Weasley!" Came the harsh voice of Professor McGonagall. Briar opened her eyes and saw that in the bed next to hers, Ginny was sitting up too, her eyes droopy "Come with me. Mr Weasley has been hurt. The others and Harry are waiting"

With that the pair shot out of bed and followed her and the Weasley boys to Professor Dumbledore's office, where Harry and Ron already were

"Harry - what's going on?" Ginny asked him "Professor McGonagall says you saw Dad hurt -" 

"Your father has been injured in the course of his work for the Order of the Phoenix," answered Dumbledore "Hehas been taken to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. I am sending you back to Sirius's house, which is much more convenient for the hospital than the Burrow. You will meet yourmother there." 

"How're we going?" asked Fred "Floo powder?" 

"No," said Dumbledore, "Floo powder is not safe at the moment,the Network is being watched. You will be taking a Portkey." He indicated the old kettle lying innocently on his desk. "We are just waitingfor Phineas Nigellus to report back...I wish to be sure that the coastis clear before sending you -" There was a flash of flame in the very middle of the office, leavingbehind a single golden feather that floated gently to the floor. "It is Fawkes's warning," said Dumbledore, catching the feather asit fell. "She must know you're out of your beds...Minerva, go andhead her off - tell her any story -"

Professor McGonagall disappeared quickly and Briar guessed that by "she" Dumbledore meant Professor Umbridge

"He says he'll be delighted," said a bored voice behind Dumbledore; the wizard called Phineas had reappeared in front of hisSlytherin banner. "My great-great-grandson has always had odd tastein houseguests..." 

"Come here, then," Dumbledore said to Harry, the Weasleys, and Briar "And quickly, before anyone else joins us..." The children shared nervous looks but gathered around his desk "You have all used a Portkey before?" asked Dumbledore, and theynodded, each reaching out to touch some part of the blackened kettle. "Good. On the count of three then...one...two...three"

The ground beneath Briar's feet disappeared and she squeezed her eyes shut as the light around her began to spin and flash. Then it suddenly returned but Briar found herself falling to the floor, and judging by the loud thuds she could hear, everyone else had too

When she opened her eyes though she found herself being pulled to her feet by her dad

"What's going on?" Sirius asked and Briar noticed he was there too, they were in 12 Grimmauld Place "Phineas Nigellus said Arthur's been badly injured -" 

"Ask Harry," said Fred. 

"Yeah, I want to hear this for myself," said George. 

So the other children, Remus, and Sirius turned to Harry "It was -" Harry began "I had a - a kind of - vision..." he told them that he had watched a snake attack Mr Weasley in some dark, strange room, and that Mr Weasley had been hurt badly

"What do you think he was doing?" Ron asked him, glancing at Sirius, Remus, and Briar since if it was Order business, they were the only ones in the room who would know