I ran into the bathroom, getting into the shower. When I got out I stuffed loads of tissue up my vagina.

I literally didn't know how to handle my period. I also didn't want anybody to know.

I was scared to tell my mom because before I knew it was my period, I thought I got cut. I was so naive. I thought I was going to die.

I stayed in my room crying my eyes out. None of my friends came for me. Only my mom came to quickly educate me on sex and give me pads.

From there, I knew I never wanted to have sex based on what she described. It sounded painful. I could not grasp the concept of why people even did it. Even to this day.

My sister also checked on me. Once to give me cake and a second time to simply make sure I was fine.

For the rest of the party, I ate ice cream and sulked in my sadness. I couldn't believe the amount of embarrassment I went through.

I felt like no one cared. And they didn't. That was the day I realized who my real friends were.

Lying in my bed, I closed my pink canopy so no one could see me through the window in my room.

I remember hearing a slight knock on my door.

"Come in." I mumbled.

Someone came in. It definitely wasn't my mom or my sister. It was someone I couldn't recognize through my canopy so I opened it.

The person had a white shirt on and a gold chain. They wore swimming trunks and their towel was on rested on the left side of their shoulder.

It was Saint.

"What are you doing in here?" I snapped.

Ignoring my attitude, he politely answered. "I don't know. I felt bad about what happened out there. Your mom said I could come and talk to you since no one else wanted to." He explained.

"I don't need your pity." I spat.

"Listen. I'm trying to be nice. Do you want someone to talk to or not?" He asked.

I thought about his offer. "I mean...I guess." I shrugged.

I opened my canopy, letting him sit on the edge of my bed.

"The guys out there are jerks. Don't listen to em." He said pointing towards the window and waving them off.

"My feelings are so hurt right now. I thought my friends would have at least came inside with me." I sighed, trying not to cry again.

"Well...I'm here." Saint slightly smiled.

I looked up at him. For the first time I actually studied his facial features.

His eyes were a beautiful brown color. His eyebrows were thick and well shaped. His lips were perfect, pink, and plump.

We stared into each other's eyes. I don't know why but, it didn't feel awkward. It felt right.

He leaned in closer to me. I leaned in closer to him. I think I knew what was going to happen next. I closed my eyes and let his lips touch mine.

Saint Royalty Smith was my first kiss.

It lasted for about 10 seconds before we pulled away.

There was an awkward silence afterwards. I looked down at my fingers, playing with them.

"I think I'll go now." He mumbled, getting up from my bed.

"Wait no-" I said, stopping him in his tracks.

He turned back around.

"Yes?" He said.

"Stay." I smiled.

***
I never told any of my friends about my first kiss with Saint. It was our little secret.

On the weekends, after Saint would practice his early morning jump shots, we would meet up and ride our bikes to the park to hang out under our favorite tree.

It sounded cliché, but it was what we loved to do.

We became very good friends. It was like I could tell him anything and everything. We were inseparable.

But after the 7th grade, I stopped seeing Saint in school. On Saturday's I wouldn't hear his basketball pound the pavement anymore either.

Since I was a afraid to ask, I had my mother knock on his families door.

Apparently Saint moved to the other side of town to live with his dad. His parents got a divorce and his dad got full custody of him until he was 18.

My heart broke. After that, I never saw Saint again.

***
Alright y'all this was my first Chapter😉
How was it?🤔
Comment💬
Vote💕