Markus x Female!Depressed!Reader | I'm here (Fluff)

(GIF: https://armitagehuxdontpullout.tumblr.com/post/187543474096/im-not-afraid-to-die-if-i-have-to-give-my-life ; September 10th 2019)

[Warning: may contain spoiler][Warning: contains depressing/sad content][Plot holes included][Requested]

[Warning: contains depressing/sad content]
[Plot holes included]
[Requested]

I was at home, sitting on my couch. The television was on, the moonlight was shining through the windows.

It's quite a while now since the events of Detroit ended, resulting in mostly good things.

Deviants are acknowledged as living beings, being accepted as such among humans as well.

Markus and I lived together, dating for quite a while now, too.

Markus was my uncle Carl's android, taking care of him and looking out for him.
I had an android myself as well. She was called (Name) and we were just like best friends, even like a family.

While Carl treated Markus like his own son, I treated (Name) like my own sister.

But.. things didn't turn out all too well for us.
Not only did Markus and I loose uncle Carl, but I lost (Name) during the events of Detroit.

I wasn't really like myself since her death anymore.. I was insecure and introverted.

(Name) sacrificed herself for me at Jericho, a place where deviants used to hide.

The day Jericho got stormed, she was there and.. she saved me, resulting in her own death.

Can one imagine how hard it is, knowing that someone so close is now gone? Gone because of one?
Gone because one was incapable of doing better?

I smiled to myself, trying to fight against the tears building up my eyes, threatening to let me cry.

As I wiped the tears away, I stood up from the couch to walk up to the kitchen, which was connected to the living room.

I filled myself a glass of water up, drinking it all immediately.

I placed the glass on the counter and looked down at it. I leaned against the counter, closing my eyes to rest.

Why did she save me?

Why did she want me to live more than she wanted herself to live?
She had a bright future as a living being, even if it was without me, but she chose to give it up all for me.

Why was I such a failure?

Because of all my thoughts, I couldn't hold back my tears anymore, letting them run down my face.

Suddenly, keys were heard at the door hole, causing me to hide behind the counter.

The door opened and footsteps were heard.
"(Y/N)..?"
A familiar voice resounded.