A Shocking Discovery

I woke up on a little sandy beach. The sun was shining low in the sky and the birds were singing away. I got up and shook myself. I looked about and realised I was on a small, flat island of grass and sand. I heard a loud grumble from my belly and realised just how hungry I was. I started walking over the island to try and find some food. As I sniffed about I caught the scent of chicken. I liked my lips and ran towards the flock of small birds. I snatched them up in my mouth and crunched down, enjoying the juicy taste. After my meal I left the island and started flying away.

As I flew through the sky I saw a large figure up ahead. I realised it was my leader. "Hey runt, get over here!" FireFang called out as soon as he saw me. I flew over and joined his side. "Where have you been?" FireFang asked. "I slept on a small island down there, sorry sir" I explained. "Well don't just hover there, come back to the island!" FireFang growled. "Yes sir..." I muttered as I flew after him.

We reached the hunter's base island and landed in the hunters camp. It was chaos. Hunters were running around everywhere and shouting commands at each other. I watched Gunnar run past us followed by Kai. "Shoot 'em down!" Gunnar yelled to the men who stood by catapults. I saw rocks and nets being launched into the sky where two dragons were flying. I zoomed in with my excellent dragon vision and saw that the dragons were both Razorwhips.

One of the Razorwhips seemed to be multicoloured and the other a dark grey. But there was something else... there were two humans riding the dragons! I zoomed in even closer to try and make out as much as I could. It appeared that two girls were riding the dragons. Both girls had brown hair. Yet there was something about the girl riding the dark Razorwhip. Something familiar. She seemed like...

I gasped as soon as I saw the girl, it was Autumn! I was sure of it! She was alive! I watched the two Razorwhips and they weaved in and out of the nets and rocks. "Leave them alone!" Kai shouted at his father. I growled at Gunnar and received a glare from FireFang. Gunnar picked up a telescope and looked at the two dragons. "Hold your fire!" Gunnar shouted as he raised a hand. The catapults stopped and the camp was filled with a tense, confused silence. "There are people riding those dragons. We need them alive! Bring me the Death Song!" Gunnar commanded. "No!" Kai screamed. Several people ran away and quickly came back pulling along the chained Death Song I had seen when I first found the hunters. Gunnar walked up to the beautiful dragon and cracked a whip at it. The dragon simply glanced at him with an unamused look. "Leave her alone!" Kai protested as he ran between his father and the Death Song. It seemed that Kai was rather fond of this dragon. Gunnar shoved Kai out of the way and slapped the Death Song with the whip then pointed it at the two Razorwhips, which were close to escaping the island. The Death Song groaned then started singing that undeniable tune.

"Block it out!" FireFang told me. "It's not that simple" I growled as I felt drawn to the humming song. "Just a little longer, he almost has them!" FireFang told me. I looked into the sky through my narrow-slitted eyes. The grey Razorwhips was flying steadily towards the Death Song and the multicoloured one dived after it. I heard Gunnar crack the whip again. The humming stopped and the Death Song spat boiling amber at the two dragons, who immediately fell to the ground. Gunnar approached them and Kai ran to comfort the distressed Death Song. I shook my head to get rid of the dizziness then ran with FireFang towards Gunnar and the two dragons.

I looked at the captured group of four. The rainbow Razorwhip was a female. The other was a dark grey male. I glanced at the girl with the rainbow dragon. She had long brown hair and deep blue eyes. As for the girl on the other dragon... well she was smaller, with brown, almost red hair. And she had freckles on her face. She opened her deep hazel eyes. Immediately I felt a wave of joy and relief. It was Autumn! I would know those eyes anywhere! I purred with delight and wriggled my tail about.

The two Razorwhips growled as Gunnar approached them. "Who are you?!" The older girl demanded to know. "I am Gunnar, leader of the dragon hunters!" Gunnar replied. "What do you want from us?" The girl asked. "Aha! Well, you and your little friends here may be of use to us" Gunnar said with a grin. "Us? Help dragon hunters? Over my dead body!" The girl replied. "Never ever!" Autumn added. I smiled at the sound of her voice. I had been longing to hear my sister's voice since the day I lost her. "Well in that case I'll have to sell those dragons of yours and use you two as bait!" Gunnar said as he pointed the whip at them. FireFang tensed and became ready to prepare a blast. Autumn let out a nervous whine. "Just let them go!" I hissed as I jumped towards Gunnar and attempted to snap at him. "Hey! Back off, runt!" FireFang growled as he stepped in front of me. I growled, but lowered my head. The camp was filled with hunters and dragons so I had no chance of helping them, but I would get my chance. The older girl looked down at her dragon and sighed before saying "what can we do for you?" Gunnar grinned.