Quick And Deadly

I glanced at Aaron. "Thought you got away didn't ya?" The chief said as he glared at me then smiled at his son. "Nice shot Aaron!" "Can I kill it dad?" Aaron asked with an evil grin on his face. "Not just yet, this one can be used in dragon training today. I'll take it there now, you go and get ready" the chief said. I snarled at him, but he just laughed. He dragged me into the arena and tossed me in a cell. "That's right, you recharge your fire so you can teach those kids a lesson. Especially Destiny, I don't want her having an easy time since she's the only reason why my boy wouldn't win" the chief told me as he took off the net and shut the door.

I sat in the cell of darkness until I heard a chirp from the other side of the wall. "Hello, who are you?" The voice asked. "I'm StarFire" I said thinking of the first dragon name I could. "Welcome to hell!" The other dragon said sarcastically. "What's your name?" I asked. "I'm Honeysuckle, I'm a Gronckle" Honeysuckle told me. "I'm a Nadder" I said. I heard voices and footsteps. "Where's Destiny?" I heard Liam ask. "No one has seen her since dragon training yesterday so she'll just have to catch up!" The chief said and I could hear him approaching my cell. "Good luck out there!" Honeysuckle told me. My door opened and I saw a maze of planked wooden walls. I squawked and hopped on the top of one of the walls and looked around. "Today we are learning about attack! Nadders are quick and nimble on their feet, your job is to be better then them!" The chief called out. I started running along the tops of the wooden wall and hopping from one wall to another. I spotted Zac and my dragon instincts took over for a minute, causing me to shoot spikes from my tail. Luckily the spikes landed in the wall and his shield.

I hopped to the next wall and landed on the ground in front of Dana and Noah. "Look for its blind spot, every dragon has one. Find it, hide in it and then attack!" The chief called out. I knew exactly where the Nadders blind spot was, I was just hoping they didn't. Suddenly Dana and Noah had gone out of my sight, but I could smell them! They were standing directly in front of my nose, the Nadders blind spot. I moved my head from left to right and they followed, but finally Dana tripped over Noah and they both fell down. I took the chance and walked past them. I trotted through the maze grunting to myself as I went. I watched April and Zac jump in front of me, but I didn't bother going after them. Then I saw Aaron, the one who had caught me! Giving him a hard time would be fun. I squawked then growled and nearly bit him as he ran past. I jumped on the top of the wooden wall and started racing after him.

I landed on the ground and saw April and Liam in front of me. Liam tossed a mace at me, but it flew right past me. I simply glanced at him with an annoyed look. I spotted Aaron and dashed after him. I bashed into one of the walls and it fell into the next wall, which fell into the next. The domino effect was triggered and suddenly walls are falling left, right and center. Aaron ran and bashed into April and they both fell to the ground. I skidded to try and stop, but crashed into a wall which fell over me. I broke out of the walls and raced towards Aaron. April quickly stood up and held up her sword with both arms. I stopped immediately. "Go on, get out of here!" April whispered. I chirped and tilted my head to the right as I started walking backwards. "Finish it April!" The chief called. April lifted the axe and made a purposely clumsy throw at me. I easily dodged right and ran away. "Good job April!" The chief said. The chief pushed me into the cage and shut the doors.

I waited until I heard the arena gate close. I scratched at the door with my claws, trying to reach outside of a small gap. Finally one of my claws made it through the gap and I pulled down the handle next to my cage. I took a step back and the cell door opened. I trotted towards the gate and pulled down that handle. Once outside the arena I hid in a bush and shifted back to my human self. Then I headed back to the centre of the village. I reached my house and walked inside. "Destiny! There you are!" My mother said as she hugged me. "You missed dragon training!" My stepfather grunted. "Sorry, it's just that I.... got lost!" I said thinking of an excuse. "And how did you achieve that?" My stepfather asked as he glared at me. "Well there was a cave..." I started saying, but I was cut off by my mother. "That doesn't matter, she'll go to dragon training tomorrow, don't worry" mother reassured my stepfather. Stepfather nodded and I joined them at the table for dinner.