Chapter 18

A/n: Hiro is the dude above. I know I haven't updated but i'm in summer which means same as always i'll be here once in a while. i've been taking a math course online as well as ap and english summer work. i'm stressed as fuck and feel horrible but i wrote this to escape for a little.

'Okay what the actual fuck,' (Y/n) thought to herself as she entered the deep forest with Mamoru by her side. In front of her was her new mentor, the retired Pro-Hero Shika.

The older man, who was about (Y/n)'s teachers age, had deer like features and was surrounded by animals of all kind. It was a beautiful sight.

Besides the fangs Shika had stuck out at (Y/n).

Now you may be wondering what's going on. After the U.A Sports Festival all the students were given opportunities to choose a hero name and participate in an internship.

After (Y/n)'s long fight with the bomber, she was scouted by many Pro-Heroes. She picked out Shika, who had been one of her biggest idol's and role-models as a child.

"Um, excuse me I'm (Y/n) (L/n), or as the aspiring hero Artemis," (Y/n) crouched smiled at the man who rubbed his eyes in a tired motion.

"Of course she's alive, Young Goddess," A deer spoke to her as it stood up," I am Hiro or the Pro-Hero Shika. That over there," He pointed to a sleeping fox," Is my familiar named Kiyoshi. I apologize for her behavior but all she does is sleep, eat, and watch stupid anime series. She keeps watching stupid ones about volleyball, a stupid hero school, and a fricken magic guild."

"OKAY THOSE ANIMES ARE NOT DUMB," Ko screeched as he appeared," For your information Hiro," Ko spat out the man's name in disgust," THE VOLLEYBALL GUYS ARE HOT, THE HERO SCHOOL ANIME IS MY TRASH, AND THE MAGIC ONE IS AMAZING."

"Ko shut up," (Y/n) pushed Ko away from Hiro and apologized," I'm sorry for my friend he is very opinionated about anime and other things he likes."

"No it's fine," Hiro sighed," Kiyoshi is like this when I insult her interests."

Mamoru later down beside (Y/n) and then slightly nudged her with his snout.

"Oh Hiro," She nodded at her companion," What are we going to be doing during this training? Fighting villains? Running and training our bodies? Creating bonds with other animals?"

"No we're going to be meditating," Hiro lead her to a waterfall huddled behind the trees of the forest, dragging the familiar along with him," Now we've looked over your files and know about your past. One of the problems you wanted to fix is your bond with the mutt."

"Okay I agree with you that he is a mutt," Ko muttered under his breath, which earned him a glare from (Y/n) and Mamoru.

"I do want to fix that but I've tried so hard to fix it and I," She paused before looking away from the wolf," I don't know how to and it sucks."

"That's because you need to try harder. You need to let go of your past. Your Father's death effected you so much that it connected into your bond with Mamoru who is your familiar," Hiro then walked into the pond the waterfall fell into," Follow me."

(Y/n) took off her jacket and put her stuff on the ground," C'mon Mamo."

"Yeah Im just gonna skip this. Don't really like water. Good luck human and mutt," Ko chirped white disappearing.

"He's so helpful."

"Okay Artemis," Hiro went through the waterfall and she followed," This is a room where powers are controlled and memories are put to peace. Everyone of your power has access to come here."

"What do you mean put to peace?"

"Your memories will still be there but the feelings of anger, distrust, and sadness will be gone forever," Hiro sat down and urged her to do the same.

"I need you to trust me on this, I'm going to bring these memories back so I can be able to understand," Hiro instructed her to close her eyes and he softly put his hand to her cheeks.

In a sudden moment that felt like eternity her memories came back. From her Father's death to the feelings that came after. But as soon as she saw a hurt look on Mamoru's face the memories were over.

(Y/n) blinked away the tears in her eyes and looked at Mamoru who let out a whimper.

"And there was your problem," Hiro spoke softly," After all these years you never fully trusted him. This is why your bond with your familiar was broken at a young age and has not been fully connected again. That is why I'm going to help you."

"But I do trust Mamoru," (Y/n) protested.

"Do you really," Hiro looked at this girl," You do love him but you don't fully trust him. You still blame the death of your father on him and are worried another incident like this will happen again."

"Mamo," (Y/n) whispered as she looked at the wolf who looked away from her sadly.

"Now were going to meditate."

And that's what (Y/n) spent the next few days doing along with helping out around town.

"Hiro-Sensei," (Y/n) spoke up at dinner one day after training," I know I haven't made much progress with Mamo but can I be excused I have to run somewhere."

"Whatever just don't do anything stupid," Hiro waves her off," Wait what are you doing?"

(Y/n) looked at the location Deku had sent," Oh just meeting up with a friend."