Note & Dedications

More to Life is a contemporary fiction and romance series 

Book 1 - More to Life - complete and edited 2021

Book 2 - More to You - complete and edited 2023

Novella - More Time (set 3 years prior to More to You - contains spoilers about books 1 and 2) - ongoing 

Dear reader,

Thank you for checking out 'More to Life'! I love to hear your reactions, predictions, and all feedback including constructive criticism. Reader feedback has been invaluable in developing and growing this story and it keeps me motivated to write more.

While this story is fictional, I enliven the setting with my own experiences living and teaching abroad and research the places I haven't visited... yet. I hope you enjoy visiting them as much as I have.

Many of my characters are escaping and overcoming trauma, as a result, you will find unhealthy relationships, substance use and abuse, and mental health issues in my work. It is not my intent to promote or romanticize this but to create authentic characters dealing with complex issues and coping in their own ways. The end goal is always recovery or safety.

Dedications

Thank you very much to my wonderful readers, book club and critique partners whose responses, theories and reactions make posting each chapter fun and exciting. You motivate me to write, and your valuable insights and feedback helped shape the story this has become. I couldn't do this without you! You are champions!

A special thank you to my two Wattpairs mentors who helped me with the early 2020 edits of all of Book 1: thank you CayleighKennedy and Nicole (gardenofcats) for helping smooth out Maria's journey and prompting me to add more description and stay in Deep-POV.

Another thank you to linalagosya whose structural suggestions have offered so much more depth to Maria's story. Any success I achieve in Book 1 is in big thanks to you!

Thank you to my long-term book club ladies: Jazzy1983, AmyMarieZ, and greydaygirl. Thanks for your tireless work getting through Act 1 with me. Also a big thank you to my long-term critique partners for your keen eyes and helpful feedback: MochaVonBee, RhymeswithFryKEdwardStewart, MairaDawn, Eyespitfire, Velfman, MichelleManisha, and TL_Porter. 

A big thank you to my regular readers (and critique partners who stuck around to read more) who keep me motivated and give me tips and support along the way:  Enockito, DomiSotto, Gryffindorslonewolf, DeKo10, MoonLoop, and Andreachapin313.

Also a big thank you to all the other wonderful and helpful people I've met through the Flexible Book Exchange and other clubs! There are too many other names to list, but I really appreciate your support ❤

Thank you to my own Thailand 'family'. Without your compassion, support, adventures, jokes and love, I wouldn't have survived my year abroad. When I returned home, I felt a great sadness knowing we'd all go our separate ways (but meet up from time to time for Thai food, long weekends at the lake, and weddings) and deep gratitude for the invaluable friendships.

Wanting to share that feeling with others, I wrote 'More to Life' upon my return to capture how supportive and close a group of near-strangers can become in a short amount of time. While the story and characters are fictional, I draw on my experiences abroad to enrich the setting and some of the work stress the characters take on.

Last but not least, thank you to my partner who supports me regardless of how grumpy, stressed, or tearful I may be after long days at work. You're always ready to listen and to accompany/take me on all sorts of adventures.