33 。healing

chapter 33 -
healing ★彡

"all tied up, no more love and i'd hate to see you waiting"

☆*:.。. o♢o .。.:*☆

„Live. Live the life I held you back from ..." Scarlet shuddered, his speech interrupted as a heavy thud exploded off of the metal door. „Go find Taehyung. Go ... go tell him your undoubted love that I screwed up." The mirror of this monster could only stare, shocked to silence. A part of him wanted to rejoice and celebrate his freedom, his bonds that had finally been crushed.

But ... another part of him felt this fist wrench at his heart, and he could no longer glance at Scarlet without his vision fogging up with tears. „No, Jungkook ... Please, don't cry over me."

„I am sorry," Kook whispered, wiping feverishly at his eyes only to spot the splattered surface on his hands. A sharp breath shot to his lungs as he fell back to the cupboard, staring at the deep, possibly fatal cuts in the centre of his palms. They were deeper than before, irritated by anxiety and heartbreak. And as he noticed this, Kook also noticed how hard it was getting to breathe, and how much harder it was to look up at Scarlet.

„Stay awake. Jungkook, come on." Scarlet tried to approach, but he pulled away in shame when Kook flinched away from him and pressed himself to the cupboard, biting his lip and shaking his head desperately for his mirror to stay away. „I'm ... sorry," he breathed, retreating back to a safe distance as he watched Kook struggle with forlorn eyes. All he wanted to do was help; help the only boy he ever cared for.

But Scarlet didn't get that chance before the metal door crippled under the impact of a solid battering ram. The moment the guards stormed in they froze upon the appearance of two identical patients, one darker, like a shadow of the patient headed for capital punishment.

Before they could say anything, a hand pulled them to a halt and Hyejin squeezed to the front, ordering them to stand down.

Her and Eunwoo stared down at the two boys sitting in opposition. And though Hyejin felt this surge of relief flow through her upon seeing those bright scarlet eyes separated, she couldn't be too overjoyed because her real patient was barely conscious, shaking hands fisted into his shirt. His lips had turned blue and his eyes seemed to sway from reality. So much blood pooled around him, losing what was left of his life at a rapid pace.

„Hey hey, come on, Jungkook I'm here," she called whilst scrambling to his side, holding onto his chin as she tried to smile for him. But she couldn't get the attention of her patient off of his partner in crime - literally. „Is ... Is that Scarlet?" Kook barely nodded, opening his mouth to say something only to shudder and turn away. „Okay Okay, we are gonna get you safe. I can prove it to them, I can help you, alright?" The next nod was more enthusiastic; still weak, but there was hope.

Hyejin nodded her head towards her patient for someone to get him under a stable condition before she turned to Scarlet who sat with his palms facing up, dark eyes raking over her like a predator. Staring at the vampire's soul was like drowning in an abyss, every bit of life pulled toward him with a daunting strength. His eyes swirled with a chaos that Kook's never had, like pints of blood transfused into the iris. He was terrifingly charming. And for a moment Hyejin was speechless, Scarlet smirking when he noted her frozen demeanour.

„Nothing to say? No appreciation for the shit that I have done?" Hummrd Scarlet through that same tantalising smirk, looking up at this familiar woman he had yelled at on several occasions. She didn't seem threatening, but her demeanour definitely wasn't light. „When I was brought back I thought I could never give this up... But I have to. Jungkook never hurt anyone. There is only so much chaos one soul can handle, and I think it is time for me to find a new one." Hyejin backed away, staring up at the corner of the room where a security camera was installed, picking up every second of the magic that had happened within the room. Satisfied with the view the camera had gotten, she turned back to the true mass murderer, serenity fading to a torrent fury.