30 。more like us

chapter 30 -
more like us ★彡

"cause you know the good die young but so did this, so it must be better than i think it is"

☆*:.。. o♢o .。.:*☆

Those bright glowing red eyes tilted as the owner studied Kook on the other side of the screen. Each slow movement pushed the sooted haired boy back into the door, rounding him in a corner until the new creature's breath fogged up the glass and his angered eyes looked his prey up and down.

„It is nice to see you again ... Kookie. I have to admit. I have ... missed you." Kook stood stiff against the plaster, cracking his fingers into his fists as he tried to control the coursing adrenaline through his veins, up his arms and straight to his heart.

„How are you still alive? I ... I shot your heart. How did you ...?" His stammering made his words falter as he licked his lips and broke the scarlet reflected contact, shaking his head to rid Scarlet of control. Whilst he did so the visitor settled on the floor, jutting out his lip, pouting innocently as he drew shapes into the fogged up glass.

„Ouch, that hurts Kookie. I did not know you wanted me dead so bad-"

„How long have you had this conversation planned in your head?" Kook snarled, stepping forward as he tore the rest of his jacket away, shuddering away at the sight of the cuts on his chest; but he shut them out, breathing down his fear and stepping closer to the familiar face. „Why are you here? How are you not dead?"

„Take a look down memory lane Kookie, it isn't that hard to see it all. If you really did want to kill me, you would have done your research, hmm?" With gritted teeth, Kook turned away, stamping his toe into the ground as he tried to simmer down the frustration and the daunting fear of failure. The failure to rid his life of the haunting memories of his childhood.

„You have not got a heart," mumbled Kook, his numb fingers reaching up to his chest to dance his fingers over the erratically beating instrument inside of him.

„Just like you."

„That is where you are wrong ... Gummie," he sighed, falling into the game that his childhood wanted to play. And his fingers halted over his heart, palms flattening over this organ he'd paid no attention to until now. A space had fallen into it, and maybe that was why he was finding it so hard to focus on being human again; because he'd lost the part of him that kept him human. „Yugyeom ... I -"

„I want to kill you more than ever now, Kook. Wanna shoot a bullet through that brain of yours until you never speak again. You left me to die! TWICE!" Kook flinched at the volume of the scream, slipping to his knees with his back to this boy he once hated. This boy he once wished the very same fate upon. But now he couldn't. Because what would Taehyung think? What would all of that sacrifice and trauma be worth if he gave up trying and reverted back to murdering things that made him hurt. That made things too real.

„I do not want to kill you," he gasped, squeezing his eyes shut as he chanted his lover's name in his head.

„Bullshit." Yugyeom spat, climbing to his feet and pacing the glass, looking for a weak spot so that he could get closer to the boy he saw was his only reason to live; but for a very different reason. „You kill anything that moves you little beast. They talked about you. Say you're the worst beast they've ever seen. You're never getting out of here! If I don't kill you, they will!"