25 。make me forget

chapter 25 -
make me forget ★彡

"everything has changed and now it's only you that matters"

☆*:.。. o♢o .。.:*☆

Taehyung felt the uncomfortably warm breath against his cheek, fearful eyes squeezed shut in hope that the terrifying beast would leave him in one piece. It didn't seem to be attacking, but Taehyung stayed still and quiet, suppressed breath lifting his chest up and down steadily. Then, with a surprisingly disgusting change of heart, a rough lukewarm tongue slid up his cheek then retreated an inch or so to his ear.

Carefully, Taehyung's eyes fluttered open and he came face to face with the silver beauty. His breath came out stronger, and the piercing golden eyes made his heart thump erratically. „You're beautiful," he mumbled, reaching out to touch the beast, mesmerised. The snap of the wolf's jaw brought his senses back as he retracted his hand and backed up a little more. „Okay, don't touch. Why aren't you trying to kill me?" Asked Taehyung, curious. The wolf seemed to hear and strode forward, nuzzling his snout into Taehyung's neck as he panicked to push the beast away.

Though he was very surprised to find the animal did not bare its teeth, instead continued to rub up against a certain spot. „What are you ..." Taehyung shoved the wolf away gently, eyes settling on the healing mark on his neck. The two pierced holes with a puffy bruise around them. „Oh." His eye's flickered up to the wolf, now settled back on his hind legs, crouched down so that his head rested atop his paws. „Are you ... Kook? Do you know who I am?" Asked Taehyung, crawling forward so that he could peer over the animal. Up so close he could see every fibre of the animals silver fur. It rustled in the wind, irises swirling with every spectrum of gold.

It didn't seem to answer, so Taehyung concluded his wolf did not understand him, nor was Kook in control. But the wolf obviously had some form of instinct wired into its brain that stopped him from killing his loved ones; his mate.

And that was why Kook had marked him. Because he knew it would keep his lover safe. Taehyung smiled weakly, holding out his open palm gently for the now docile wolf to scent out. It warbled a noise of approval, and Kook, or Gold, nuzzled in closer. Gold was like a tamed husky, rolling onto his side so that his injured paw could be clearly seen. The white fur up his legs patched with blood and seared to ash.

Taehyung rested his head atop the wolf, frowning as he looked at the injuries he'd left on his own boyfriend. I did that. Because I was ... angry. I hurt him.

„I'm so sorry ..." he held Gold tighter, kissing in between his ears, the sensitive fur twitching back as Gold tilted up to stare at the man touching him. He obviously wasn't used to human contact. Taehyung hoped he could teach Gold to control himself in the time he was like this. He hoped he could make up for what he had done to Kook so mindlessly.

„Can I ... help you?" He asked softly, bringing his palm to the bloody wound. Gold shifted in protest, almost slipping from Taehyung's arms as he held the wolf protectively. „Please. I can wrap it up!" The desperation in his tone could be heard by the empathetic animal, and he stopped struggling. It was like Kook was slipping away from him when Gold tried to run away, so Taehyung tightened his embrace and buried his face in the creatures neck. Tears never made it passed his lashes before being soaked up into the fur, and Gold felt them touch his skin.

Taehyung lurched forward as his companion tore away, limping back to study Taehyung who now was splayed out over the ground, palm pressed to his eyes as he could barely look at the creature, ashamed. Gold didn't come closer, head lowered, seeming to be looking over his wounds. Taehyung felt like giving up, lowering his head and covering his face with his muddy hands. „Kook ... I never meant to hurt you. I know I did, and I know I can't just take it back. But ... please ... forgive me for what I did. What I have become."