17 。lost without you

chapter 17 -
lost without you ★彡

"if we do this right, we'll be bonnie and clyde for the rest of our lives"

☆*:.。. o♢o .。.:*☆

„You're weak."

„Sh- shut up ..." scoffed the boy hunched over on the tiled floor of the confined room. Taehyung sat beside him, shifting on his knees to find the most comfortable seat whilst keeping his hands pressed to his boyfriend's feverish forehead. Kook sat with his cheek propped up on the protected toilet seat, layers of toilet paper separating the germ infected surface and his ivory complexion. Not at all impressed by his current position, Kook shut his eyes and bit his lip in a soft pout, trying not to lurch up the remains of his empty stomach.

„Told you to eat."

„I will hit you." Kook whined, teeth dragging across his tongue as he felt Taehyung's index finger caress his temple, remaining fingers holding onto the loose strands of sooted black hair. „Hngg, Tae. Stomach."

„Holding it in isn't going to do you any good." Taehyung reminded him pointedly, turning away and scrunching his nose up in disgust as Kook quite openly dribbled into the toilet bowl, releasing a pained whine as his throat was burning.

„Water ..." he cried, gagging on the bile that wasn't coming up. Taehyung looked over the boy with kind eyes. He couldn't be mad; how did he know this was the result of a lightweight drinking five bottles of alcohol without any food or water?

„Shh, I've got you baby." Wiping at Kook's discoloured lips, Taehyung brought the half empty bottle of water to the trembling skin, tipping it back so that a stream trickled down his searing throat. „This is why I don't drink, too much hassle."

„'m sorry ..." Kook muttered guiltily, removing his head from the toilet and wiping at his wet mouth, shivering body curling up into his love's safe arms. Not saying a word, Taehyung held him protectively, rubbing the smooth pad of his thumb up and down the bruises on his bicep.

„Next time you drink, eat with it. Binge drinking can be dangerous if you aren't careful. Take your time, baby. Don't just rush into it."

„I did not know." Kook whined in distress, his face drooping into Taehyung's shirt whilst digging his fingers into the older's bony hips.

„Hey, I'm not yelling at you. I just don't like seeing you sick, alright?" Kook nodded obediently, deciding that his system was cleared and letting his fatigue finally take hold of his ice cold hands, pulling him into this intermittent slumber. Occasionally, he would hear Taehyung's breathing, heavy and deep, a perfect rhythm to fall asleep to. At another point of semi-consciousness he felt to be moving, peaking out through heavy eyelids to see that Taehyung was carrying him down the hallway. Then he was shrouded in darkness.

。〜 ‥ 。。。‥ 〜。

As a child, Kook had always slept alone. When he would sleep, frightening images would invade his mind and crawl under his skin, begging him to take the life of someone he held close. In fear of undergoing those actions, Kook never let his parent's comfort him. So to sleep beside a bodily warmth was foreign. He was used to the ice touch of emptiness. It was a welcoming sensation.

Now, he felt out of place to wake up alone. Knowing that he should have this heat beside him. So to rise from slumber and turn onto his side and see nothing was jarring. For a moment, Kook laid on his left arm, lidded midnight eyes focusing on the crumpled sheets. His fingers traced the creases left behind by his significant other, the dull scrape of his nail across the linen blaring against his eardrums. It was so silent, a silence so suffocating that Kook found himself swallowing down his breath. Why was being alone so terrifying? He had lived alone his whole life.