19 。palace of broken dreams

chapter 19 -
palace of broken dreams ★彡

"you're screwed up and brilliant, look like a million dollar man"

☆*:.。. o♢o .。.:*☆

The place almost seemed like a forest of manmade beauty, the cream coloured walls and sleek jade tiled rooftops surrounding the open courtyard. Each building was strung together with thin fragile bridges and glass garden walls. The buildings, like trees, loomed above the two who sauntered leisurely through the neatly kept garden. The young delinquent who stood by the rich kids side, balanced himself on each marble stone that had been placed in a winding trail. Gracefully prancing across the cool touch, his toes wiggling in the cold open air as his fingers clutched his black army boots.

„Don't slip, Kook, the dew is still fresh," warned Taehyung, his warm tanned hand holding onto the boy's arm as he streamed further ahead. The house was silent with sleep, yet one wrong step and they could wake the maids.

„Where is your room, Tae? How big is it?" Rambled Kook, still entranced by the glowing palace like home. They transitioned from soft luscious grass, to toned oak stairs, where Taehyung guided his boyfriend up the steps to a large open frosted glass wall, blue velvet curtains casting a bright cool glow over the veranda.

„That, is my room," He spoke coolly, slipping his hand into his pocket. „Thank god I kept my card." He stepped back, round, warm chocolate eyes gazing over the home. Kook admired him as he did so, appreciating those small little moles that decorated the sides of his neck.

„What do you mean car - wait you open your room with a card?!" The fascinated boy watched on with astonished eyes, glazed with wonder as he studied Taehyung's every movement. The older's skilful fingers slipped the thin piece of plastic into a small device on the side of the door, his eyes squinted in concentration as to not set off the panic alarm. Something he had become rather good at in his secretive adolescence.

„Voilà!" He announced, stepping to the side to reveal an open glass door, his fingers held the meagre gap for Kook to slip through, swiftly following behind and letting the side door seal shut behind him. Bringing the soft texture of the curtains away from the entrance, Taehyung felt the layers of dust that had accumulated behind the folds; though frequently cleaned, still unused for years on end.

„Woah ... it is beautiful ..." those words were not enough to describe how Kook felt in that moment, eyes scanning the dreamy bedroom he had just stepped into. The walls were an ash coloured timber, horizontally built across to give the room a spacial sense. In the centre of the room was a built in fireplace that stood tall and dominating. The most prominent colour that could be seen throughout the room was the vibrant and rich royal blue that splattered the room with comfort. The carpet that could be felt beneath his toes was also an identical colour, the soft threads spreading over his  sore skin.

The king sized bed that was so pristinely made was set up along the feature wall, a luscious blue waterfall type painting framed above the bedhead. It looked mesmerising, the simple yet detailed strokes giving a lively feeling to the simplistic piece. Kook did not know where to let his eyes rest, every aspect of the room seeming like a dream.

He was brought from his trance when a large hand pressed deeper into his waist and an unsatisfied voice murmured rather disapprovingly,

„Father took my bookcase away." With those words he strode forward, Kook having no choice but to stumble behind him, still spinning his head in all directions to search the room for more hidden beauties. But before he could he was dropped to a cold white leather couch, the tacky and icy touch leaving his skin crawling as he curled up into a ball. „Sorry, I am agitated," Whispered Taehyung, slumping by his side and burying his face into his hands. Kook stayed still for a moment, watching him. Then carefully he sat up on his knees, leaning forward and nuzzling his head into the older's warm caramel skin.