2 。new life

chapter 2
new life ★彡

☆*:.。. o♢o .。.:*☆

The hospital was the quietest it had been since they'd arrived, all the patients attempting whatever semblance of sleep they could get in such an unnatural place. It felt strange to be the one sitting in the visitor chair instead of being the patient, but Taehyung was thankful that he could be there, holding the boy's hand through this transition. It was obvious that something had changed since the moment Kook had returned to him. There was a childlike naivety that took centre stage, once a shadow of his self, now taking control.

Taehyung couldn't help but wonder what if meant for Kook, whether these changes in his sensitivities and demeanour meant a shift to something more human. He hoped it would bring a sense of safety, taking away that element of chaos that Kook was so frightened of.

A sudden disturbance of noise startled Kook awake, the groggy eyed boy rubbing sleepily at his lidded eyes and heaving a groan before burying himself deeper into the cozy moss coloured blankets, basking in his moment of peace.

„ Make it stop." He mumbled, hand over his mouth as he gnawed on his knuckle, trying to distract himself from the raucous behind the curtains. Yet, it did not stop, instead the - what sounded like yelling - gradually grew into full blown screaming. A voice so shrill and so desperate, Taehyung knew exactly who it was.

„Kook, wake up." Taehyung gushed, resting a hand on the pale shoulder and nudging at the fatigued body curled up on the plastic sheets, gurgling about sleeping wolves and how they look cute. „Don't ditch me for wolves Kook, get up. Your mother is here." The uttered word of his mother brought a silent query to the boy's features; mouth agape in protest, a grip on the covers, knuckles a contrasting white on the colourful fabric.

„My ... my mother?" When Kook stopped to hear the true source of noise, he began to pick up on words and phrases spoken desperately by a frustrated and impatient woman. Mrs Jeon Sohyun.

„Mrs Jeon if you would please calm down, we will get you in to see your son but you must be checked by security first."

„DAMN security! I want to see my son whom I have not seen in fifteen years! Whom I thought was dead and everyone else had given up on! LET ME SEE MY SON!" She seemed to breakdown after that, and Kook was paler than he had ever been, even closer to the discolouration he had adapted after his suicide attempt. Anyone within a fifty metre radius could hear Mrs Jeon crying on the hospital floor as she continued to beg for her son. The boy himself was void of words to express his turmoil of conflict. Instead his silence was replaced with movement and Taehyung could not stop him.

The boy was strong when he was willing to be. So when Taehyung tried pulling on his lanky arms and pleading for him to stay in bed, it was no use. Kook pressed forward, revelled in a trance like state. So the taller trailed his untitled lover, keeping a hand planted on his waist to keep him steady as he wandered through the crowded corridors towards his crying mother.

I do not even know her. Reminded bis mind in a cautionary cry, though his actions were not consciously made. His body was drawn to the distress shown by his parent, and he couldn't stop it. Each step brought him closer until he had pushed through the doors passed nurses who turned to stare in mildly shocked awe, for Mrs Jeon had seen her son.

She was splayed out on the ER floor, knees cold against the latex floors as she clutched onto a picture frame. Not to mention her husband was right by her side, promising her that everything will be okay. None of that mattered now, nothing around them made a difference because the two stared at their son, watching them with wide curious eyes. Each second that would pass, he would take a small step closer, until he was a metre in front of his mother's hopeless eyes.

You ... you're ...." instead of forming a rational sentence, She spluttered a series of discordant words, jumbling them together to form the sentence. „You ... alive .... dead ... how? I love you!" Then she was stumbling to her feet, pulling on her son's arm with a fragile force, pulling him into the warmest hug. As she embraced her living son, she poured her aching soul into the act, holding onto his frail arms and sobbing into his hair.

The hug was cold. In fact, it was empty. Kook tried to find some feeling, as he listened to ... this woman, cry into his aching body. But there was nothing to feel, for she was not his mother. He didn't know his mother

Get ... get off of me." He cried, pulling against her and shoving lightly on her chest, it wasn't with much force, but it was enough to make the woman pause in shock. Immediately she pulled back and gaped, unable to express the years worth of pain and longing that had weighed her down. Kook was in tears, trying to deal with the pain in his chest as he turned to Taehyung and ran into his arms, burying himself deep into the familiar touch. „It really hurts... My chest really hurts! Why does my chest hurt so much?!" Kook cried harder shoving Taehyung back the way they had come as he heard his mother crying.

Shh, just take a deep breath. We need to get you back to bed." Taehyung explained, guiding himself back through the doctors as a nurse hurried up to hold onto the boy who refused to leave the embrace. There was something unsettling about the pure anguish Kook was experiencing. The boy had experienced death a million times, put torturous implications on himself. But never ... never had Taehyung seen the boy cry so hard and plead for the pain to go away.

Make it stop ... make it stop. This thing ... it won't stop!" Taehyung hushed him as the nurse helped to lift him onto the ruffled bed, she pushed up his shirt, looking for any open stitches. None.

It's not his stitches but his heart rate is abnormally high .... he's most likely having a panic attack." The second part washed over Taehyung's head, for he was now focused on the monitor he had ignored for so long beside the boy, a rise in the flowing of the beep that had driven him crazy.

His .... His heart rate?" Taehyung repeated queasily, eyes darting to Kook who was now pressing his head into the crinkling pillows, eyes clamped so tight that his face was screwed up and turning a flushed red. „He ... doesn't..." The rest of the sentence didn't come, instead Taehyung took the place of the nurse whilst she hurried to tell him that they needed to calm Kook down.

Sir, please move or we will have to send you out!" She shrieked as Taehyung rested his palm against the top of Kook's scar, pressing lightly on the stitches which caused the boy beneath him to contort himself more, kicking his legs and yelling out exasperatedly.

There. Taehyung voicelessly screamed, his fingers curling against Kook's skin as the thrumming of the boy's chest made his eyes tear up and his body shake with a mixture of fear, relief and pure ecstasy.

The sound was like a hummingbird's wings beating beneath his rib cage, a fluttering of motion in a once lifeless chest. Kook's heart was a flurrying beat of percussion, the feeling making Taehyung's fingers numb as he released a slow breath before crumpling into the boy's arms.

Kook ... listen." He whispered, tugging Kook's trembling hand towards his aching chest, resting it beneath his own tanned fingers as he rested his lips against the boy's wet cheeks. The sight was almost heavenly. The etched surprise and confusion morphing into an expression of enlightenment. Kook's eyes fluttered shut and his mouth fell agape, sighs of ecstatic breath falling from his bright cherry lips as he listened to the drums in his ears.

That ..." his voice rose with excitement and the single word came out as a squeal. Taehyung nodded towards the boy's assumptions grinning as the crystal tears of bewildered happiness slipped down his cheeks.

Yeah baby ... that's your heart."