22 。scarlet, midnight, gold

chapter 22 -
scarlet, midnight, gold ★彡

"should i wait around and see what it's like to lose my senses?"

☆*:.。. o♢o .。.:*☆

The moment Taehyung said those words, Kook squeezed his eyes shut and drew his knees into his chest.

„No," Whispered the clearly distressed boy breathlessly, clutching his head with tremulous hands as each breath he tried to exhale came out cracked and hoarse. „No no, please."

„What's wrong? Why're your eyes red, Kook?" Asked Taehyung with a frown, now gripping his boyfriend's forearm tight. He didn't expect the distressed boy to protest to his comfort, so he was left frozen when Kook tore his arm from the cold touch, groping desperately at his surroundings until he was on his feet and clawing at the skin surrounding his eyes. Each breath he took emitted a broken scream, each step leading him to the dim fire.

Then he stopped, crumbling to the ground as his knees crushed the charcoal of the burnt out flames. He stilled. The air hot around him, the canopied trees failing to keep out beams of strong light that seared Kook's skin. Scarlet eyes darted around the clearing, crimson tears spilling down his ivory cheeks so they splattered the ashes beneath him. Taehyung tried to get close to his love, but could not get anywhere within a metre before a shrill scream left him paralysed.

„Do not touch me!" The scream was fraught with terror, and it stilled Taehyung where he was to watch Kook search through the remains of the fire until he found the copper hilt that had shrivelled up under the scorching heat. His scarlet eyes looked so enraged, and Taehyung knew it was his fault.

What have I done to him?

The sound of metal hissing against metal brought him from his state of freeze, scrambling back and looking up to see the pure hatred in the seething red eyes of the monster Kook had tried to run from. "I told you not to do this!" The midnight boy screamed, irises flickering from their starry gaze to the frightening violence of scarlet malice. It slowly dawned on Taehyung what he had done, shaking hands falling open in surrender. "I should fuck up your life and see how you take it! You asshole!!!" Snarled the violent persona, sharpened teeth piercing through his lips with each sneer.

„Don't. Kook, please. I didn't know this would happen. I didn't realise that it would..." Taehyung's whispers trailed off, unable to fully admit the curse he had just recreated. It felt like being thrust back into a nightmare so vivid that even the smells could be memorised. Kook stood above him, weapon in hand, eyes darkened of their curious galaxies. The psychopath stood tense, like every bone in his body had turned to stone. Every attempt Taehyung made to swallow down his fear was futile, stuck on his tongue ready to spill. "Kook... I'm sorry."

"SORRY DOESN'T CUT IT!" His midnight shone through in the rage, highlighting the reddened tears that coated his cheeks. It was like every time he went to lash forward the conflict within his mind cancelled eachother out, movements faltering to a frozen stance of uncertainty. "Why would you do this?" Whispered Kook, voice dropping from that snarl to something much more despairing. It hurt more to hear than anything else. "You should have let me die."

Seeing the shift from fury to fear, Taehyung sat up, still with his palm open to show he wasn't a threat to the bleeding monster. And it seemed to be working as Kook lowered his arm gradually, weeping miserably before the scarlet shattered to a fractal gold. So Taehyung took that as his chance to approach, and he caught his love as he fell to his knees, hiccups of blubbered sobs clouding his sentences.