10 。runaway delinquents

chapter 10 -
runaway delinquents ★彡

"the goose bumps start to raise the minute that my left hand meets your waist"

☆*:.。. o♢o .。.:*☆

The two boys stood in the archway of the dim lounge room, heads bowed and hands tucked in front of their bodies. Occasionally their hands that rested in between their bodies would fall away and they could touch their fingers together gently. Never did the act last longer than ten seconds before they would move back and stay utterly silent. Why was this behaviour so necessary? Because Sohyun stood in front of them, hands placed on her hips with her heel repetitiously hitting the ground impatiently. She was waiting for either of them to say something that would explain what she had come home to. Neither could find the courage to even speak, too disconcerted by the woman's harsh gaze.

„Well? It won't explain itself!" Taehyung cursed beneath his breath, not loud enough for his boyfriend's mother to hear but enough for Kook to realise just how freaked out he was. The boy's eyes flickered up to the male whose chin was still tucked to chest, tapping his fingers nervously against his jeans. „You two are so immature, doing that in the kitchen?! On my bench? And what an absolute mess you made of the place! Jungkook you are twenty years old! You are acting like a chil -"

„I am sorry." He cut in, his teeth clenched as he swallowed down the emotions rising in his chest. „But I never got to live a childhood, and I never had anyone to tell me how to be an adult. So stop lecturing me." Sohyun opened her mouth to say something, but was met with the harsh glare of her now grown son who had his nose scrunched up in a slight scowl.

„I ... okay." Was all she could say, unsure of whether her son needed comfort in this moment, but his pissed off frown indicated perhaps not. „I understand this is new for you, being back home brings a whole array of challenges. But I think it's time I set ground rules for you, Jungkook. It is something we never sat down and spoke about. This isn't your forest, and that means listening to your father and my rules. Firstly, I don't want any sexual behaviour in this house. I don't mind what you both did when you weren't here -"

„I have never had sex." Kook whispered, looking up through glossy eyes as he could hear the disappointment in his mother's tone. He didn't want her to be angry, to see her look at him in distaste was heart wrenching. Taehyung felt it as he brought his hand to the smaller's interlocking their fingers and squeezing his palm for comfort. „and I don't want to." The firm yet upset tone eased Sohyun as she softened her gaze and smiled weakly at the sudden change in her son's mood.

„I'm not mad." She assured, all too familiar with the sound of hurt in Jungkook's voice; his pitch fell to an airy whisper and his words were elongated. „I just ... you were gone for so long. There was so much I missed as a mother. These things should have been taught to you years ago. This will take getting used to. Work with me, please?" Her son nodded eventually, swinging his arm so that his and Taehyung's rocked back and forth, his lip curling at the small motion that was enough to break the tension. „Can I celebrate your return? Like a welcome home party? It will be small, we won't invite anyone who we don't trust to keep you two safe."

„You want to throw me a party?" Asked Kook, sounding unsure.

„Of course! My darling boy," she spoke, stepping forward to tracing her palms over Kook's cheeks before leaning in to kiss his forehead. "You were so incredibly missed. So many birthdays we never got to spoil you on, so many milestones that were lost. I cannot bring that back, but I can tell you all the things I wished to have say." Sohyun  murmured against his hair, leaning into her son's embrace when he allowed her to. Without hesitating this time she wrapped him up in warmth, his height noticeably taller than when she had first seen him.