14 。bruises

chapter 14 -
bruises ★彡

"how i wish i could choose between heaven and hell. how i wish i would save my soul."

☆*:.。. o♢o .。.:*☆

„Hey" the shallow voice brought Kook from his distant world, eyelids dropping slowly as he exhaled a sigh of reality. „What's up? You're so quiet."

„Nothing, feeling sick is all." Responded the boy curtly, holding onto the napkin in his hands as he shredded the corners so that their broken remains fell to the stained carpet. He felt cold when Taehyung slipped his hand around his waist, dropping his head against his shoulder and settling there. „Why are you worrying?"

„You're pale," Taehyung said gruffly, pushing around a piece of confetti on the bench top. „I don't like when you're pale. Reminds me of when you were dead." Kook stiffened at the response, nodding slightly as the memory of just moments ago evoked some unsettling hole in his stomach.

„I am not ... dead." He said nothing more, turning away with burning cheeks; the rest of him ice cold. The room held laughter and small conversation, music running through the sound system and deafening the ears of those who tuned to listen.

„No really, tell me what's up." Taehyung iterated eventually, sitting up and putting his martini to the side. Kook didn't answer. Instead studying the room with dark midnight eyes, an all too familiar glint in that powerful stare. Madness. Someone had provoked his wolf. „You are going to lose control."

„Not yet." He mumbled stiffly, tightening his jaw as he locked eyes with a male across the room. On that man's face, a wicked smile was displayed as he saw that mercurial suffering behind the daunting eyes.

„Who is that?"

„Do not know." Kook lied, pursing his lips and turning away, forcing a smile when he met Taehyung's warm chocolate irises. „I have never danced before. Maybe it will take my mind off of this." Without waiting for the other to agree to his proposition, he glided up onto his feet and took the older's warm caramel hands into his own ivory touch. Then he led the boy to the centre of the room as the last song ended and a gradual flow of soothing music flowed through the speakers.

„Why are all the songs so slow?" Taehyung asked, distracted by the music as he loosely held onto Kook's hand.

„Mama chose them, said you should teach me how to dance." With that he tugged gently at the older boy, bringing his chest closer until they touched gently. In that moment, with Kook standing under the bright blue white lighting of the room, Taehyung saw flawless beauty, his dazzling eyes alight with thrill and wonder, cherry lips agape in a silent awe at first listen of the piece that serenaded him into a spiralling dreamland. There was something about how the blue tint complemented his ivory skin so perfectly, bringing Taehyung's warm honey skin closer as he brought a thumb up to the boy's chin and tilted it back ever so slowly,

„May I have this dance?" He said smoothly, breath taken by his stunning partner.

„You shall." Kook responded behind a hidden smile, his bashful glow only adorning his beauty. With that Taehyung lowered his right hand to Kook's waist and adjusted the boy's own in his, extinguishing the space between their bodies so their noses touched and breaths entwined into one.

„So you have never danced before?" Taehyung quizzed, stepping forward slowly as Kook dropped his head to watch the steps; then he followed in sync, not breaking his gaze from then on.