Fourteen, Understanding Beatrice

...........................................................
Steve's POV
You know, that Captain America guy.
...........................................................

"Tony?" I ask, walking into his lab

"What's up, Spangles?" he replies. I roll my eyes.

"Your daughter, Bea, right?" I say

"Yeah, what about her?" he says. His eyes narrowed at me slightly, leading me to believe that he was protective of the teenager. As he should be. "I was told the mission went alright. Did she freeze up? Did the time thing happen? Did she get stabbed again?"

"No, none of that happened. She did excellent." I say, waving my hands dismissively. "Peter and you both now have mentioned this 'freezing up'. What is that?"

Tony sighs and puts down his tools and the arm piece of armor he was working on.

"Before I adopted Bea... She lived in an abusive household." he explains. "When she first started training, she could only fight bots on Level 2. Then she found her powers that we're still trying to figure out."

"She mentioned she could slow time... Maybe we should experiment if she can speed it up or even stop it?" I point out,

"Like... The time stone..." we hear

"The time stone?" Tony asks, "Wait, Wanda? What's a time stone?"

"The time stone is one of the infinity stones. They hold a power much more full than all of you combined." she says.

"So like, a powerful rock." Tony sums it up. "From space."

"I guess that's a way to put it." she says, "I don't know how it would make contact with Beatrice though, so it may be out of the question."

"Not necessarily. Maybe if they're so powerful, they can act like the sun?" Tony asks

"How so?" I reply.

"Well, the sun gives off solar flares. Maybe the infinity stones can do the same?" he asks, "Its a long shot, but maybe the thing did a solar flare like thing and it was around Bea when it happened?"

"Why would it be around Bea?" Wanda asks

"Someone was carrying it. Like, in a necklace." I say.

"Who would wear a sentient space rock necklace?" Tony asks

"If they didn't know it was an infinity stone." Wanda says, "They've been made into jewelry before by gods to give a gift to their wives. It was an efficient way of hiding them as well."

"Fashion those days..."

"That was before they were lost on battle and scattered across the nine realms." Wanda says, "Maybe even across more."

"So you're saying that the time stone was lost in a battle a long long long time ago, and it somehow found its way to earth, and it did a solar flare thing, possibly, and gave my daughter the power to alter time."

"Yes."

"Sorry but that sounds like udder bullshit. The chances of that happening are so low it's just not possible."

"Tony, your language." I warn

"Shut it, forties."

"We've gone from Spangles to Forties. Lovely," I pinch the bridge of my nose. "Wanda, is there any way you could use your magic to try and find where it's coming from?"

"She'd need to be using her power long enough for me to do something like that." she explains, "If she can slow time, she'll slow us."

"That's the weird thing. She only slows time for a few minutes, and it's ranged. It's like she has a bubble."