Nine, Let Me Help You

I keep my distance from both Peter and Tony. I don't know if anyone is the same to be honest. Tony said it was entirely possible to replicate someone's exact look with highly advanced technology, and very few large companies have been able to use it. Though, Tony did know there are several underground gangs who get their hands on stuff they shouldn't.

I came up with several questions only Peter would know about me.

"Hey, Peter?" it takes him a second to respond, which only furthers my suspicion.

"Yeah, Bea?" he replies

"Come with me really fast." I say, grabbing his wrist to guide him. Normally, Peter would let me. This Peter ripped his hand away with a questioning look. I start walking away, aware that Peter was following me.

We got into my room, which Tony had helped me move into. Whether it was Tony or not, I'm not sure.

I sat Peter on the bed, and I stared at him in the eyes. They were slightly dull. It wasn't like Peter to be this emotional over anything. Sure he was a bit of a crybaby whenever something hit him, but he never cried this much over someone. Not since Ben...

"When's my birthday?" I suddenly ask.

He looks at me, straight in the face.

"We celebrate it every year, I'd hope you know." I say, deliberately staring him in the face.

"January 9th?" He says. It was more of a questioning voice though. He got it right.

"What's my full name? Whole first, middle and last."

"Beatrice Kimberly Willow."

"When did we meet and how?"

"We met in first grade. We sat next to each other."

Wrong. And it's not like we could forget. We celebrate our meeting every year. It's been thirteen years on August 27th.

"What's my favourite restaurant?"

"Panda Express."

Wrong again. It's not much of a restaurant as much as it is a coffeeshop, but I've said multiple times my favourite place to eat is Starbucks.

Two out of four. I have one more that he should know. He has to.

"What colour was my cast?"

"Trick question, you've never broken a bone before." he says, smirking.

Wrong. He was the first person to sign it, a huge "PETER" in messy hand writing. I cut it out and keep it on my key chain. On a fluorescent green cast.

"Okay." I say. "That's all. Outta here, nerd."

He leaves and now it's time to interrogate Tony.

"Hey Tony!" I shout. He comes over to my room. "I have a few questions for you."

"Okay?" he asks, sitting on my bed right where Peter was.

He wasn't acting as sketchy, but I could never be too sure.

"What's my full name?" I ask.

"Beatrice Kimberly Willow."

"How old am I?"

"15"

"When's my birthday?"

"January 9th, 2003."

"When did I meet Peter?"

"I haven't gotten the full details but it was like, Preschool. Almost thirteen years ago."

"What's my favourite coffee?"

"Bea, I don't know, I don't take you on coffee dates like Parker does."

"So you check out." I say. "That's not Peter Parker."

"What do you mean?"

"He didn't know what colour my cast was, and he was the first person to sign it," I explain, "He didn't know how we met, and we celebrate that every year. He didn't know my birthday barely, and we also celebrate that, he thought my favourite restaurant was Panda Express, which, I've never ordered from before."

"You've never been to Panda?" he asks

"I've never had Chinese food before."

"When we get the real Peter back, I'm personally taking both of you."

"That's beside the point, irrelevant." I say, "We're getting off topic."

"Wait, how do I know you're not being replaced?" he asks, standing up carefully.

"Try me."

"What's my full name?"

"Anthony Edward Stark."

"How do you know that?"

"You don't think I've Googled you before?"

"Fair." he says, "I guess you wouldn't have to quiz me if you were a copy as well."

"So what do we do?"

"We don't let him leave the building, then we track down where real Peter went." he says, "We do that by using the tracker I put in his arm."

"Wait you have a tracker in his arm?"

"Of course I do. You have one too."

"Remind me to dig that out of my skin later."

"Unwise. It's a thousand micro heat signature particles floating in your blood stream. I only use them in case of emergencies. Such as this."

I subconsciously itch my skin.

"Right there. It says he's not moving in the basement of the tower."

My eyes go wide and I run down the hall way to the elevator, Tony close behind me. He reaches over and clicks a button. He then hands me something.

"My daggers?"

"I don't know what'll be down there and you getting ant more hurt than you already are would be extremely unfortunate." he says. He raises his arm, pulling down his sleeve gently to reveal a button on a bracelet. It looked like his arc reactor.

The elevator stops and we step out. I've never been down here except for when I went into his fancy lab room. I see Peter, unconscious and tied up against a wall in the room across from us.

I want so badly to run up to him and free him, and hug him. Feel his soft hair and smooth skin on mine.

I shake the thoughts of him from my head and pay attention around me.

"When we get in there, you run over and get him. I'll cover you." Tony instruct, clicking the button on his wrist. It transformed into his Iron Man arm piece.

"Do you always have to be so extra?" I ask

"I'm Tony Stark, I'm the definition of extra."

I roll my eyes and rush in. I run immediately to Peter and begin to free his hands from being tied with ropes. His coffee brown eyes open and look at me.

"Bea? Bea! There's a-"

"Copy. I know." I say, leaning in and hugging him. He returns the hug, and we pull away. I get up, then help him. We look to Tony.

We rush out and he goes to find the doppelganger while I bring Peter to my room.

We walk in, and someone is sitting on my bed. They look oddly familiar.

"Tony!" she cries.

Then it hits me.

The person staring back at me is me.