A Friend In Need

Emily and Spencer had already arrived at Hanna's house. They were waiting in her room together with Caleb, when Alisha got there. They pointed out again, that Hanna left Spencer's at around 11 the night before. Shorty after they had gone to bed and none of them has heard from Hanna since. Caleb told them that he had been waiting for Hanna until midnight. He'd tried calling her a few times but she didn't pick up. He then went to bed thinking she'd probably decided to sleep over at Spencer's. In the morning he tried calling her again. Since she still didn't pick up he tried Emily, who told him Hanna wasn't there. He then found her phone in the driveway but still no sight of Hanna.

"I'm a little afraid to ask", Emily said, "but has anyone heard from A?"

They all shook their heads.

"So what do we do now?" Alisha asked.

"What kind of question is that?" Caleb seemed irritated, "We report her missing."

"We don't know if she actually is missing, guys", Spencer said, "I mean, it's weird and all but we should wait another while."

"Wait for what?" Caleb asked angrily.

For A to tell them what she did to Hanna.

For A to tell them where she took Hanna.

For A to tell them what she wanted from them.

They all thought the same but nobody dared to say it out loud. Ever since that disgusting birthday surprise at Alisha's barbecue they all changed their minds on A completely. They didn't even have to tell each other, they just knew. A has made it clear, that they definitely weren't in the position to mess with her. Usually when something happened she always came around with a request. Probably that's what kept the girls from telling their parents and making an official statement at the police station - A always gave them a chance to fix things. It was almost like an addiction she created.

Emily's phone rang and they all anxiously stared at her. She has never picked her phone up faster that she did in that moment.

"Hello?"

After a second her face light up. Not in a happy way, just showing that it wasn't anybody they needed to be concerned about.

"Hold on, Aria, I'll put you on speaker", she took the phone away from her ear and pressed the screen. "We can all hear you now."

"Hi guys", she sounded a little uncomfortable.

"Have you seen Hanna today?" Alisha asked straightforward.

"Uhm", Aria hesitated, "No. It's only like 10 in the morning, where would I have seen her?"

Alisha rolled her eyes at that comment. Aria could be so ignorant.

"We thought she might be at your house", Spencer explained.

"Did something happen?" Aria asked.

They all exchanged looks. Aria wasn't quite up to date with the recent A incidents and it might come as a surprise to her that they didn't fill her in earlier. But it wasn't them who cut the ties.

Caleb was the least involved in all the drama, so he just went for it. "She disappeared last night. She left Spencer's house at around 11 and was meant to meet me at home, but she never showed up."

"Have you tried calling her?" Aria did sound concerned. It was just hard to tell her this through the phone and not have her here in person. She was an important part of the tribe. She should be here.

"Of course", Alisha answered snippily. "Like a billion times. Caleb found her phone in the driveway. Hanna and her car are gone without a trace."

"Well", Aria sighed, "I think you should go to the police."