Friend or Enemy?

When Spencer came home from school her sister Melissa and her fiancé Wren were sunbathing in the garden. Spencer watched them for a moment but then disgustedly grimaced. Melissa always thought she was the better one of the two Hastings sisters and she tend to present Spencer her perfect life to make her feel like shit. Melissa's most recent triumph was her fiancè Wren Kingston, he was a doctor from England and Spencer would be lying if she said he wasn't attractive. But actually she had no need to care because Spencer had the most wonderful and loveliest boyfriend: Toby Cavanaugh. But unfortunately Toby's reputation in Rosewood wasn't too good and as Spencer's parents really cared about superficial things like that they weren't necessarily happy that Spencer was dating Toby. 

Spencer leaned her back on the kitchen counter and opened the fridge to make herself a veggie smoothie.  She was just about to put all the ingredients in the mixer when Wren entered the house. He smiled, "Hi Spencer, are you okay?"

Spencer put a fake smile on her face, "Yes, of course. What about you?" 

"Yeah, Melissa and I are having a relaxing day before the entire wedding stress is going to start," he looked out of a window to check what Melissa was doing. He smiled when he saw that she was still lying in her sunbed. 

"It must be horrible to get married," Spencer said while she cut an avocado into tiny little pieces. 

"What makes you think so?" Wren wondered. 

"People pretend to care about you," Spencer said with a straight face, "they act like they actually hope the best for your future and also as though they were happy about your love."

Wren raised an eyebrow, "Aren't you happy for your sister?" 

Inside Spencer rolled her eyes but Wren was basically a nice guy and she didn't need to make him feel her anger about her sister, so she put a smile on her face and said, "Sure I am!" 

Wren smiled with relief and got ice cubes and water from the freezer and went back outsite. Spencer shook her head, mixed her smoothie and went to her room. She tried to study but she had a feeling that something was wrong. Something bad was going to happen. And just when she felt like she finally got rid of that weird feeling her phone rang. "Aria, whats up?" 

"Spencer," Aria sounded worried, "the page IS from Alisha's diary. I know it!" 

"What makes you so sure about that?" Spencer was confused. Why was Aria saying that, she thought they cleared things up at lunch. 

"I found her real diary," Aria explained quickly, "And it has the exact same pattern on top of the page!"

Spencer shrugged and because Aria couldn't see that, she said, "Might just be a coincidence?" 

"A coincidence?" the disbelief in her voice was obvious, "since when do you think coincidents happen?" 

"Since Alisha is our friend and I trust her," Spencer replied impatiently, "And you should trust her too! If she says she didn't write these things, she didn't!" 

Aria gasped through the phone and said something but Spencer didn't hear it. Her concentration was stolen by a knock on her door and the next instant Toby appeared and smiled, 'Hi' he formed with his lips and Spencer put a hand over her phone to cover the mic, "Hi" she whispered and smiled back. Toby leaned in to kiss her and Spencer closed her eyes. He gave her peace every single moment she was with him and Spencer really didn't need the overreacting Aria right now. 

"Aria?" she interrupted her, "Hey, I can't talk right now. We'll ask Alisha tomorrow in school, alright?" 

"What, Spencer, no-" Aria protested but Spencer hung up and put down her phone.