Good Covers

Dear Diary, oh, wait -

I think it's not necessary for me to pretend to be someone else anymore.

But finding the real me seems to be too much to ask for.

Girls, oh girls just wanna have fun, don't they?

Just to make sure the fun is gonna stay, 

Make sure you won't have to explain some kisses to your sisters

or some affairs to your teachers, 

Just do as I say. 

I don't want you to miss me. 

xoxo, A.

"What the fuck?" Hanna opened her book and found the note. 

"Excuse me?" Mr. Fitz must have heard her. He was approaching her and Hanna quickly closed the book and smiled at him, "I'm sorry, I got lost."

Mr. Fitz nodded and left her alone. Alisha and Aria turned around and gave her a questioning look. Hanna pointed at the book and gestured them to look through their own ones. They did as Hanna suggested and a few moments later all of them asked to leave class because they weren't feeling well. 

At the restroom Aria nearly exploded, "What is this, some kind of game?" 

Alisha shrugged. She didn't know what to say. She was leaning against the wall, holding the note in her hands. This one was written on plain white paper, so no one was faking her diary again but it still made her upset that somebody knew their secrets. 

"If Spencer finds out about this, she-" Aria got interrupted when the doors swung open and Spencer entered the restroom.

"What's going on?" she asked startled and looked from one anxious face to the other.

"Nothing," Hanna said quickly and smiled, "We're just wondering how long Aria will be able not to eat Mr. Fitz' face in front of the entire class." 

Spencer frowned and shook her head before she went into a stall. "How's biology going?" Aria asked and gave Hanna an insulted look. 

"Good," Spencer said through the door and they heard the toilet flushing. She came out of the stall and washed her hands. Aria, Alisha and Hanna were just awkwardly standing there watching Spencer and as soon as she looked at them they smiled, "You're being weird!"

"What, no!" Alisha protested and smiled even brighter, "We're just being a little unwell today. You know, community service starts on saturday."

Spencer's face lightened up in understanding and she smiled back, "Poor little girls, that's what you get for not listening to me." She winked and left them alone again. 

Alisha blew out her breath, "If only she knew what she would get if we don't listen to A."

"A?" Aria asked in disbelief, "So it's already an existing thing now?" 

"I don't know," Alisha replied, "Is it?"

"If you're asking me," Hanna was looking at herself in the mirror, plucking her hair in the right place, "I think MAC would work a lot better than the crap you are using to hide the bruise, Alisha."

"What?" Aria felt like she was going to faint, "Is anyone taking this seriously or is it just me?" 

"Aria," this time it was Alisha looking at herself in the mirror. The bruise in her face had grown to the size of an orange and it was weirdly green and black. "The only mistake we can make right now is listening to that skanky coward who is leaving us silly poems."