I'm Sorrys & Messes

Spencer was woken up by the sound of an engine howling right outside her house. She fell asleep over her books last night while she was trying to study for  chemistry and every little inch of her body hurt. However she was used to this uncomfortable way to sleep since this happened almost every night so she ignored the pain and quickly grabbed her morning coat to run downstairs to see what was going on. 

When she entered the kitchen she found her Mom looking slightly stressed out, "Spencer! Good you're awake, would you mind fixing the problem with your sister?" 

"What?" Spencer was confused and glanced out of the kitchen window just to see Melissa furiously shoving some bags into the trunk of her SUV. "What are you talking about?" 

Her mom just sighed and a second later Melissa stumbled through the door and her head went bright red when she saw Spencer, "You!" she screamed, "When will you stop ruining my life?" 

Spencer was tongue-tied and petrified. She didn't even dodge away when Melissa approached her. 

"I can't even bring my fiance to this house without you messing with him," she continued and Spencer began to realize what all this was about, "I am so sick of you! Wren and I are leaving now." She said turning to their mother, "Don't be surprised if we decide to get married as far away from this place as possible. I'm not risking her destroying my wedding." Melissa rushed past Spencer to get some more bags from her room upstairs. Veronika Hastings didn't say anything but Spencer could feel her judging her more and more every second they just stood there so she quickly escaped from the kitchen to go outside and talk to Wren. 

He was sitting in the driver's seat looking pale and a little overwhelmed. Spencer cleared her throat and he looked up. "Spencer, I'm so sorry." 

"How did she find out?" Spencer wasn't even sure if she wanted to know. She already suspected it was a note or a text Melissa had received, signed by nobody else but a certain A. 

But to her surprise Wren gave her a very guilty look and said apologizingly, "I had to tell her, she was... She kept asking me if something was wrong and you know how she is. She doesn't stop and.." 

"Wait", Spencer was confused and not quite sure if she should be upset about this or glad because it was Wren's fault only, which meant A had nothing to do with this. But a sudden anger grew inside of her, "You told her? Weren't you the one begging me not to say anything?" 

"I know," he stuttered, "it's... I'm sorry, Spencer."

Melissa stepped back outside and slammed the front door shut behind her. Her gaze met Spencers and the look in her eyes was ice cold, "I hope Toby won't mind you kissing my boyfriend. But if I'm honest, it's probably in your favour if he breaks up with you."

"You told him?" Spencer's heart began to race and she felt the blood being pumped through her veins about ten times faster than usual. 

Melissa opened the car door on the passenger's side and before she got in she shrugged, "At least I'm honest." With that she shut the door and Wren drove away, still pale and very intimidated by Melissa's behavior. 

Spencer didn't know how long she just stood there in the driveway not knowing what to do when she eventually went inside to get dressed properly. She didn't feel like having breakfast and she surely didn't feel like going to school. She would not be able to concentrate anyway. So, despite anything she's ever said about skipping school before, she decided to make her way to Toby's and talk to him. She had to know if he was mad or if he even believed Melissa. 

~

The other four girls had no idea about the incident and just went to school like every day and met up in front of the building. Aria looked tired and there was no need to ask why. She really cared for Ezra and since she hasn't heard from him for the last 3 days she began to lose hope for their relationship. Hanna, Emily and Alisha knew it was best to just not talk about it and focus on distracting Aria.