One

Bailee woke in bed and sighed. She saw a text from her mum and groaned. She got out of bed and grabbed her dressing gown. She got another text from her best friend. Alyssa.

Get your arse out of bed! Work is calling your name - Alyssa x

Bailee sighed and looked around for something to wear. She needed to keep away from one of her friends. Iain. She was in love with him but he was seeing Alyssa.

***
Bailee went to work and sighed. Her mum was waiting. "Finally out of bed are you?" Rita asked.

Bailee smiled. "I had a late night."

"Yeah. Who was that sneaking out your bedroom this morning?"

Bailee fell silent. She looked at her mum. "No one important. Just a guy," she mumbled.

Rita sighed. She knew her daughter had a habit of sleeping with random strangers. She didn't like that. She knew Bailee would end up getting hurt.

***
Bailee got changed and left the staffroom. Alyssa walked over. "Finally out of bed?"

"Yes. Where's loverboy?" Bailee asked as she tied her hair up.

Alyssa laughed. "On a call out. I'm trying to avoid baby daddy though. He's driving me nuts," she said.

"Right. You're madly in love with him and you can't deny that," Bailee told her best friend.

***
Bailee looked up as Iain came in with a patient. He smiled at her. "You okay?"

"I'm fine. Tired. But fine."

Iain laughed. "Yeah. I heard about your romance with Mr Hidden," he told her.

Bailee groaned. She took the patients notes from him and glanced. "Cubicles."

***
Bailee was on a break. She looked up. Cal walked in. "Why do baby mums have to be complicated?" He asked.

Bailee shrugged. "Maybe cause she found you shagging someone else when she wanted to tell you about your baby?"

"Hilarious. Thought you were on my side."

Bailee grinned. "I'm on the side of coffee and biscuits right now."

***
Iain sat in the ambulance. He couldn't get Bailee off his mind. He knew he was dating Alyssa but he wanted Bailee. When he went to bed, he wanted Bailee next to him.

Jez came over. "Get Alyssa off your mind and focus on work," he said.

"Shut up. I'm thinking. And no, not about Alyssa."

***
All too soon, the shift had ended. Cal grabbed Bailee. "Wanna join me for a drink tonight?"

Bailee nodded. "Sure."

Bailee and Cal went to the pub. Cal bought them both drinks. Bailee smiled. "Are you after anything?" She asked.

"I'm having a drink with a colleague. Is that so wrong?"

Bailee smiled and shook her head. "I guess not."

***
After a few drinks, Bailee and Cal were drunk. Cal looked at her. "Come back to my place?"

"I don't think I should. You're in love with someone else. I'm no ones rebound," Bailee said.

Cal said nothing. Instead, he planted his lips onto Bailee's and kissed her. She kissed back. She knew it was wrong. But she needed to get her mind off of Iain Dean. Cal was the best way.

***
A/N - Alyssa Drake and her daughter Ella belong to Carolineeexx.