Thirteen

Bailee knew how things were with her and Iain. She knew that she hated it. She knew it was a mess. She knew that she wanted to do what was best for her baby.

Bailee knew how Iain told her how she and the baby meant nothing to him. And even though Bailee knew that she was hurt. She never knew Iain would act that way or that cold to her.

Bailee didn't think that things would end go this way. But she was going to have a baby. And she was doing it herself. She knew how she had to make the best of a bad situation.   

Bailee got ready for work. She walked down into the kitchen as she saw Rita and smiled as she looked to her mum.

She knew that she was grateful for her mum being there and supportive and Alyssa. Alyssa was a saint to her. Especially after what she had done with Iain.

Bailee never thought that Alyssa would forgive her never mind help her through this situation.

"Are you okay love?" Rita asked as she looked to her daughter.

Bailee looked to her and smiled. "I'm okay I guess. Things are a mess. And my head is a mess. But I am fine," she said.

Rita smiled. "I know what it's like to do it alone. Your dad wanted nothing to do with you either. And I did it alone. Iain is a jerk for being like this. But you aren't going to run away when he did this as well. At least you're facing up to what you did," she said as Bailee looked to her and smiled.

****

Bailee got to work and walked into the staffroom as she saw Alyssa. She smiled as she looked to her. "Are you okay? You look tense?" Bailee asked.

Alyssa looked to her and smiled. "I've had better days. It's just Iain. He's playing games. And trying to come between me and cal," she said. 

Bailee rolled her eyes. "Of course he is. This isn't the Iain we thought that we knew. He told me that the baby means nothing to him. I mean I know what happened. And I get if he didn't want anything to do with me. I mean I wasn't asking to play perfect families. But it's his baby," she said. 

Alyssa looked to her shocked. "He said that?"

"Yeah," Bailee said

Alyssa smiled. "Ignore him. It will all be okay," she said as bailee looked to her and smiled.

****

Bailee stood by the nurses station as she sat filing out paperwork. She looked to see Iain as he came in with a call out.

She felt herself tense up as she looked to him. The two of them held eye contact.

Bailee knew how things were. How she felt as if she didn't know who Iain was anymore. She watched him go into resus and sighed as she ran her hands through her hair and sighed.

Bailee knew her head was a mess. She had no idea things weren't going to get any easier anytime soon.