New Attitude

Everyday I saw Chris and Ashley getting closer and everyday I prayed for summer to come and end my suffering. The only time I was free from him were Friday's when I was too busy to even think about food. I hadn't seen Justin in a week but that bother me. Justin was only good for a seconds distraction.

I was in the middle of signing a check for the contractors when my phone rang. I scribbled down my last name before answering.

"Hello?".

It was Euriah. "Get your ass off your computer and leave the rest of your checks to your dad because I'm coming to whether you in an hour", the line went dead and I sat there puzzled. Euriah was one of the nicest people I know but he sounded furious.

Saving the file I was on I closed the laptop and left the checks on top. Dad was in the kitchen leaning into the fridge hunting for food.

"Dad there are a few more checks that need to be signed can you take care of them? I'm gonna go out with Euriah for a bit".

Dad heard my voice and snapped his head up hitting it on the fridge ceiling. Hard. "Okay, pumpkin", he said rubbing his head. "And starting June first we'll have a whole new business. I've hired an accountant and a couple other people to help us out and we're getting three more Vince's and two new Wisteria by August".

This was all news to me. It would be a hell of a lot easier to have an accountant and some other help. "Sounds good, Dad", I concluded going to my room.

Euriah came early, I guess to see if I had gotten ready.

"What the hell are you doing, Stephanie?", he scolded when he came in.

I was sitting on my floor, still in my bath towel, spaced out. I even forgot why I what I was supposed to be doing. I looked up at him lost, "I don't know...".

"Are you high?", he said getting mad. Why was he so upset?

"No, just tired I guess".

Euriah picked me up, cautious of my towel, and shook me. "Get over it! He is not the last guy on earth! There's no reason you should be so upset over the cheating bastard", he seethed.

Wait, who was he talking about. I gave him a questioning look. "Who are you talking about?", I asked.

"Justin!", he yelled and then his countenance fell. I didn't know. "Here", he said scrolling through his phone and handing it to me so I could see.

There, in plain daylight was a photo of Justin and I next to a photo of him and Selena Gomez. The caption read, "Out With the New and in With the Old?", I tapped on the full article.

Justin has been spotted with plenty of girls over the years but his most recent fling was Stephanie Wilks, teen entrepreneur and millionaire. Wilks, an 18 years old, lives in LA and goes to school regularly while also maintaining several businesses in the area alongside her father, Trey Wilks.

We first spotted the couple two weeks ago skateboarding near Venice beach. A few days later a snapchat picture surfaced of the two having dinner. (Picture left) the photo was captioned, Hacked by Bizzle! Chillin' w/ this cutie, with an open heart. The couple was seen throughout the week at Wisteria, Wilks' own boutique, and a few other businesses owned by the ambitious teen and even at the Polo Lounge where the two had dinner. Stephanie looks gorgeous in her little black dress, nude pumps, and fiery red lips and nails and cotton candy locks.

Everything seemed to be perfect in paradise until earlier this week when Justin was spotted with old boo, Selena Gomez. The two were seen getting cozy after one of Selena's concerts, which raises the question: Is Justin with the successful bombshell, Stephanie Wilks, or did he move 'on' to old news and Jelena's back together?

I felt numb all over. He was cheating on me... with Selena... Numb turned to fire and fire raged through my veins until it felt like I was covered in flames. That's the way things go in this town and it's too often that thwart woman gets hurt. And by a coward! He didn't even have the balls to tell me.

I handed Ry back his phone and smiled up at my friend, "Thanks Ry, now let me get ready. I'll be down in a sec. And can you send Vanessa up?".

He nodded looking puzzled. I was so done being pitiful and sorry. Tonight, I was going out and I was going to look hot.

°°°

I was cloaked in a light golden shimmer making my light skin look dark and luxurious. My black Louboutins giving me another six inches creating the illusion of my legs being skyscraper tall. I was in a red Versace dress with a sweetheart neckline and two inch thick straps that helped to shape my chest although it didn't need the help. The dress was cut a little higher than mid thigh but covered everything completely. My makeup was done so I had an extreme cat eye, shimmering cheekbones, long eyelashes and black lipstick. Of course my lips matched my matte black nails, the tips glossed to match the material of my shoes, and my hair was curled over my right shoulder. I had on simple diamond studs, a diamond tennis bracelet that Vanessa let me borrow and a pale gold circular plate necklace.

I walked down the stairs to be met by my three best friends gawking stares.

"Damn", I heard Euriah mumble. Ky and Tank nodding in agreement.

Dad walked in and dropped his sandwich. "What's going on? Why does she look like that?", my dad's face was that of pure panic.

Vanessa put a hand on his shoulder. "She's going out tonight. No curfew. She has business to take care of", she gave his shoulder a pat of sympathy.

Ky, Euriah, and Tank were all clothed in black or white V-necks and nice denim pants. While I was getting ready I gave Emily a call and had her dress them appropriately. They all had on bright red shoes to match my dress.

"Alright, boys. Let's go kill 'im", I smiled walking over to Vanessa who was holding a shining leather hand purse with my cell phone and platinum card in it. I gave her a quick peck on the cheek, "Thanks again, Nessa", I did the same to Dad. "Love you, Daddy", I ran out before he had a chance to protest.

"So, what first?", Euriah asked as I jumped into the driver's seat of Melissa.

"I'm gonna get a new car".