Celeb Parking Only

I stared at my cream cheese pancake like I hated it. Why was today so difficult when the last three days were so perfect? I sighed out loud unintentionally gaining the attention of my seven other classmates. Yes, eight is a small class but not many seniors could get into the class. There's an entrance exam for all advanced placement classes and apparently only a small fraction of us were able to pass.

My teacher Ms. Calligran laughed. "Well, we know who isn't excited about rhythm and meter".

Ms. Calligran is this cute little petite woman of maybe forty-six with the style and flare everyone wants by her age. She has shoulder length red bobbed hair that is forever teased to it's max, blue eyes that she keeps rimmed in black eyeliner, but it's never too much, and a button nose that sits right above her perfect full lips that come to a thin line at the corners making them look too plump. Today she's wearing a maroon floor length cotton skirt, a black and white striped camisole, and a faded jean jacket.

"Sorry", I laughed halfheartedly, "boy drama".

She gave me an understanding sorrowful nod, "We've all been there", and to lighten the mood she did her signature snicker and added, "and don't wanna go back!".

I couldn't help laughing. She is like the aunt everyone wants to be honest. Fashionable, cute, witty, and funny as hell. Time flew by quickly as we discussed iambic pentameter and how rhythm and meter are used to emphasize meaning and theme of a poem.

After class my phone buzzed. It was a text from Chris, actually it was four.

Hey, I'm sorry for earlier. Can we talk?

Chris

Hey, I know you're mad at me but text me when you get this.

Chris

Stephanie, are you ignoring me?

Chris

Hey, class is over. Meet me?

Chris

I quickly typed my reply so he wouldn't think I was ignoring him.

I'll meet you at your home room. Stay there.

Stephie

I hurried to the history wing and saw Chris standing alone by the door of his class and I'm not gonna lie he looked hot. He was wearing a navy blue V-neck and dark jeans. His tall frame was leaning against the frame of the door. One hand was tucked in his pocket while the other held onto his phone which he was gazing lazily at.

"Sorry, I didn't know you had texted", I apologized when I was close enough.

"It's fine. It's my fault for overreacting", he replied pushing himself from the wall.

I looked into his eyes, which shone blue against the color of his shirt, which was a big mistake. I got lost in his gaze but was able to shake myself of the intangible hold he had on me. "No, you weren't overreacting. That was rude of Ashton. We aren't even together, so I'm not sure why he's acting like that", it was true. Ashton had no reason to feel the need to compete with Chris.

Chris was about to say something but settled for a nod. "So, are we cool?", he asked running a hand through his soft brown hair. It was something I wanted to do but I restrained from being that girl.

"We're cool". It was a relief to not have Chris upset with me. I gently exhaled like a weight had been lifted off my chest.

"Good, because it was hard to concentrate knowing you were mad at me", he said as we started walking to our next class.