Surprised Encounters

It's safe to say I didn't feel like school today and yet, I'm here. I was on my way to my locker when I saw someone standing right where my locker stood. Ashton.

I was not in the mood to deal with him. Preparing myself for the task of blowing him off I clutched the strap of my bag and tugged it tight to my back. I was nearly upon him when the same girl from Monday basically threw herself at him. They were about to make out on my locker! My rage boiled over. Oh hell no.

Storming over to my locker like hurricane Katrina on steroids I was about to start a fight. "You wanna move", I spat more to Ashton than to little miss random.

They both looked at me like I was a head case.

"Get off my locker you ass", I shot venomously, a threat clear in my tone.

Ashton looked slightly amused a grin spreading across his thin lips. "Whoa, my bad, dude".

Dude? This guy was asking for a fist to that pretty little face, but it'd probably just make him look edgy and hot. Damn him for looking good with a busted lip. "Just move", I exhaled through clenched teeth.

"The fucks your problem, bitch", the ditsy blonde hissed.

Ashton looked proud of her before he saw me tying up my hair. "You know, I've been looking for a good fight, but you look like you pull hair and I don't feel like going to jail for killing some broad so let me put my hair in a bun".

I pulled my hair into a tight bun before dropping my bag. I woke up in a bad mood and now I know why. Ashton was bent on making me look like an idiot and he was using Blondie here to do it. The girl had a look of terror on her face but I was at a dangerous calm. Just as I was about to punch Ashton then his friend I was pushed up against the wall of lockers.

I turned to see Ky blocking my view. "Ky, what the hell-".

Ky's voice was low and quiet as always but there was something behind it. A threat? A warning? I couldn't really tell. "She's not worth it. Neither is he. Let's go", he spoke firmly. Ky could be scary if he wanted to and right now he was scary as hell.

Reluctantly I forced myself away from the situation. I grabbed my bag and swung it over my shoulder. A crowd had accumulated but I paid them no mind. This was far from over. They both had it coming and soon.

Ky escorted me to class making sure I didn't go back and tear the girl to shreds. What he didn't know was I was too tired to go back at this point. By the time class started I was thinking clearly again. I had gotten a text from Chris asking what had happened. News spread like wildfire that I, the school's rich tomboy, had gotten into a fight.

I shot him back a quick text.

Hey. It was nothing to worry about. Ky brought me back to my senses.

Stephie

Chris' reply was quick.

Ok. Just making sure you're ok. Sorry I couldn't help.

Chris

Don't be. I'm fine now 

Stephie

I smiled down at my phone. He was the most considerate guy I've ever known. It makes me wonder if he's just been very fortunate and always had his positive attitude or did he learn it. I guess I'll never know.

Meet me after class? Let's walk to 2nd period together

Chris

Okay

Stephie

I typed my reply quickly then got ready to take some hardcore notes on sound.

...

"Hey", Chris said bumping his shoulder against mine.

I broke out into a smile. "Hey", I said. It seemed like I had a smile glued to my face at all times around him. His smile was contagious.

"Whatcha doin'?", he said as we started walking up the east wing stairs to the language department.

"Walkin'".

"Oh, that's very interesting", he said changing from innocent to analytical. "How do you do this 'walking' thing?".

Playing along I stroked my chin pretending to think. "Well, you just... put one foot in front of the other", I said singing the song from Rudolph.

Chris and I laughed the whole way to class. Our festivities stopped as soon as I saw tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum down the hall. Ashton looked up and saw me but I didn't feel like being bothered. I forced a smile to my face and kept walking. Chris noticed my distress and wrapped an arm around me protectively. He was turning out to be the best friend a girl could have... well, I could have.

Chris and I walked into class and all eyes were on us. I felt the tiniest bit self-conscious as we took our seats. Chris and I sat by the windows, him behind me. We sat in rows maybe five to a row and there were six rows. I knew pretty much everyone in class but I didn't bother to talk to any of them much. Everyone here was well off in the money department but I was the only one making my own money at this point so I felt like that put a lot of stain into making new friendships with people.

Right as class was about to start none other than the blonde ditz herself walked into class. My eyes nearly burst out of my sockets. What the hell was she doing in here? I'd never even seen her before Monday but now she was like a leech, impossible to get off, and in more ways than one.

"Ah, Miss Hill, you decided to join us after all", Mr. Manta said waving his infamous light saber in the air in front of him. Mr. Manta is known for his uncanny teaching style and personality but he rocks nonetheless.

She grinned a snake's grin. "Je suis de sole, monsieur. Je ne sais pas mon chemin", she apologized much too sweetly.

"Sit, sit", Mr. Manta said impatiently. At least he wasn't fooled by her innocent girl attitude.

Throughout class, bimbo kept shooting glances in my direction and it was getting under much skin. The next time I caught her I snapped.

"You got a problem?", I hissed under my breath.

She looked at me like she was confused then smirked but said nothing.

Chris tapped my shoulder so I leaned back so we could whisper discreetly. "Is that her?".

"Yep", I popped the P at the end out of agitation.

"Wow", he breathed in awe.

I wanted to punch him right now. "Dumb ass. Stop drooling", I don't know why but I was overly agitated that he found this girl attractive. I mean she was okay but she tried too hard. She was wearing a cup size too small to show off her boobs and was constantly puckering her lips and flipping her hair. What a fucking busybody.

"What?", Chris asked dumbfounded then had his ah-ha moment, "No, no. I didn't mean it like that".

I shook my head not wanting to hear his excuse and started paying attention to whatever Manta was teaching which was hard because I knew what he was teaching already. Damn myself for taking that online French class last semester. I had completed an entire years worth of French last semester but wanted to learn more so I enrolled in this class which was awfully stupid of me. Now it was just boring as hell because everyone else was so clueless while I knew all the answers.

After class I gathered my things and stalked out of the room not waiting for Chris. He caught up to me but someone caught up to him. It was the blonde hobo.

"You're Christian Collins, right? From YouTube", she sounded stupid. Of course he was. "Would you wanna hang out sometime?".

I couldn't listen anymore. I stormed off in the direction of my next class. If he wanted to hang out with that hussy I wasn't going to intrude.

Taking my seat I tried to busy myself with getting a pencil but was interrupted by Ashton swaggering into class and sitting right on my desk. What the fuck did he want now?