Chapter - Seventeen

Abby's Prospective

I was given pictures from some CIA agents of a car wreck and a woman executed. They gave me evidence and a blood sample I ran tests and found out is was Mason's and what made it worse was her tests came back clean of everything except she was pregnant. They monitored over my shoulders as Tony came in with Jethro. "What do we got Abs?" Gibbs asked. "Isn't this your honeymoon still?" I asked Tony. He slightly shook his head. "We had a small fight and she left last night." Tony said and I turned around. "I know what happened to her." I said. They both looked at me.

"What?" Tony asked as I pulled up pictures of the wreck and tire marks. "The CIA is investigating this murder and Mason's car. I couldn't figure out why until I hacked the data base.. Kai escaped prison a few days ago. He executed this woman, broke off the door and put Mason in his sedan." I said and they started walking off. "Wait! I have something else." I said making them walk back. "Mason's blood, showed she's pregnant." I said and Tony shook his head. "It wouldn't tell you this early unless.. she didn't know did she." Tony asked and I shook my head.

Mason's Prospective

I was woken by screams and I saw Josh in front of me. I had a gag on keeping me from talking. I looked at him while pulling the rope on my hands. "Look who's awake." Kai grabbed my hair pulling to make me look up. "I'd kill you but that crash seemed fatal." He said touching my stomach and it was sore. "I'll take a guess and say within a few hours you'll probably go into shock... I'll just let you suffer for what you did to my brother." He said and let go of my hair.

I heard a pop and Kai looked around. He went outside and Josh got up untying me. "Leave me... I'm to weak. I'll slow you down." I said and he hugged me. "I'm so sorry. I'll send help as soon as I can." He said. "Just go, I got this." I said untying my feet. I got up and grabbed a gun with my right arm. I shot to draw attention. I hid and heard yelling and then I turned around shooting the men as Kai shot me. I fell back. I held my side in pain and he walked over to me. "Such a shame. I knew you'd get out but I had some practice... in prison." He said and put his finger in the bullet hole making me scream. "I didn't take you as a screamer." He said and the doors broke down Kai got up and ran leaving me on the floor.

I saw the flashlights and people I saw Tony. He bent over and the two medics came. "Tony I love you." I said shaking touching his face. "I'll kill him." Tony said almost standing. "Tony, don't let me die alone. I don't want to die alone." I said tearing up. "Your not dying. Not today." He ran off and I slowly just passed out.

Tony's Prospective

I was so frustrated from everything when I came back I saw The medics giving Mason CPR and then paramedics came. "We got Kai." Gibbs said. "She's strong Tony. She'll pull through." He said. "What about the baby?" I asked. "We'll find out at the hospital." He said and I squat down. I shook my head and started crying.

They got her on a back board and took her to the hospital. I rode with Gibbs. "I should of stayed maybe she'd..." I started and Gibbs chuckled. "And Maybe She might be alive? Tony she's alive right now and she'll be fine." He said and they got her off and into surgery. After xrays they saw fragments from the car and the bullet was still in her. They said they would be mindful of the baby but if anything it wouldn't survive.

After hours the kids came and they fell asleep. The nurses and Doctors kept me out of the loop until they knew anything. One finally came out. "Mason Dinozzo's family." She called. I stood and walked up. "You might want to sit for this." She said and I sat down. "Mason was put through a lot of trauma and pain. She's under some pain killers and they are harmless to the baby. The baby is alive as far as we can tell, any more stress put on her could harm herself and the baby. She'll be waking up soon." She said and I hugged her. "Thank God." I said as I saw Abby and she hugged me. "She's gonna be okay." I said and Abby hugged tighter. "Director Vance and a General Beckmann are coming to see her when she wakes up." Abby said and I nodded.

We went to the room and I grabbed Mason's hand. Abby got Jackson in a wheelchair and the twins walked in. "Abby let us buy some flowers for Mommy." Marie said and I smiled. "She'll love them." I said. "Abby I should take them home... as much as I want to stay I know that you can't get them home and do lunches and breakfast." I started and she put her hand up. "I'll stay. She's done so much for me already and you need a nights sleep. I'll call if there's any changes." She said and I nodded. "Thank you Abby." I said and lifted Jackson up.

Few hours later

Abby was waiting peacefully asleep as the doctor pulled the will. "Mason Gibbs. I was asked to write a will for NCIS and the CIA. As I'm undercover I want to say that I Love my job more than I should. I love my brother and I want to know my son who I had to give up for this job. If I were seriously injured I wouldn't want extreme conditions or be a dummy. If I flat line for longer than ten minutes let me go. If I'm under machines let me go after two days If there's no chance I want to be disconnected. If I'm to die I want my things for my brother to deal. I want him to know about my son and he deserves to know about me. I love my family so much and I just want them to know I love them." They checked the monitor and there wasn't a change.

The next few hours were critical. Jethro came since they called. "We called because we got the will. It hasn't been updated in a while. But she said after two days if there isn't a change she wants the plug pulled." The doctor told Jethro. "Ignore the will. One more day." Jethro said and the doctors nodded. "One more day and then we shall respect her wishes." The doctor said and walked off. Jethro watched Abby asleep and Mason in a coma or something.

A few hours passed and the doctor went to go check on Mason and saw her choking on her ventilator. "Take a deep breath in and then blow out." She did as she was told and started coughing. "What do you remember?" The doctor asked handing her a cup of water. "Being tortured." She simply replied and he started running test.

Mason's Prospective

I was in the bed and I grabbed Abby's phone I saw that the date was three days since I was here and I sighed. "You went against my wishes?" I asked the doctor. "We talked to your brother. He said one more day if no changes then pull the plug.. your lawyer should discuss a new will and your baby." He said and I nodded.

"And my baby?" I asked. "Your baby is alive and doing better. When you were weak we boosted some vitamins to help the baby jumpstart back into its healthy state." He said and I was confused. "How old is the fetus?" I asked. "Little under six weeks. Your friends told us about it so we took pro cautions. We checked on it but since it's early it's a little hard to tell. I'd say come back after your released to see if there's change of size. We want to make sure nothing is wrong. If there is we can't let you carry full term." He said and I nodded. "I'll make sure to not stress over anything." I said and he nodded.

"Is my husband here?" I asked and he checked his watch. "I believe he will be here soon." The doctor said and I nodded. "Get some rest while you can." He said as I turned my head. Slowly allowing sleep to overwhelm me.