Chapter - Eight

Gibbs' Prospective

I was typing in my computer looking at my email when Vance called out for me. I grabbed my flip phone and went towards him. Mason had just gone in to Vance's office. I went in and stood. "Mason found a case. She found a link of eighteen total with a calling card. Broken ornaments in each house. Our own agent. She went to go get him for interrogation. Send DiNozzo to help." Vance said. "Which agent?" I asked. "Derek Walsh." He said and I walked out.

As I went down the stairs I called Tony. He met me at the bottom of the stairs. "Find Agent Derek Walsh and bring him to Interrogation." I said and went the other way.

Mason's Prospective

I was behind a desk with my hands tied behind my back. I hit my wrist against the desk until I heard the door open. I closed my eyes and stopped moving letting my hair cover my face. "Mason!" A voice said and my body was turned by Tony. "Tony?" I said as he uncuffed my wrists. "What happened?" He asked touching my forehead. "The son of a bitch knew." I said as he helped me stand.

I lost balance and fell into Tony. "We should let Ducky look at that." Tony said and I saw a vile. I reached for it and it slipped from my fingers breaking and Tony catching me. My nose dripping blood and Tony carried me out. "Somebody help me!" Tony cried out as he carried me on the elevator. He carried me into autopsy and Ducky told Tony to pick me down. "The vile." I said weakly and Ducky hit the big button for diseases. "Just a precaution." He said. "Not airborne. Would of effected Tony by now." I said and passed out.

Tony's Prospective

I held Masons hand and the red flashing light had brought Director Vance and Gibbs down. "Ducky, What is it?" Vance asked as I moved a bit letting them see her. "She had a nose bleed and was beaten." I said and I touched Masons arm. "Ducky she has a fever." I said and he came back. "It appears she does. Dr. Palmer get ice and we will take her." Ducky said letting me pick Mason up and carry her to the basement.

We put her in an ice bath to lower her temperature until Abby can figure out what this is. "Tony?" Mason asked slowly waking up and extremely pale. "I'm here." I said holding her hand. "If I did tell Jackson I love him for me." She said. "Your not dying. Not today." I said and she looked at me. "Tony. This is the worst time to tell you this... but I love you." She said as she passed out.

Abby came down after a few hours. "Give her this Ducky. It's an antidote for the venom. Also Tony Gibbs is interrogating Walsh and it looks as if he is gonna kill him." Abby said as Ducky injected Masons arm. "Shouldn't take much longer." Ducky said and I looked at the time. "Abby. Jackson needs to be picked up from school." I said and she nodded. "I'll go." She left and Mason squeezed my hand. "I'm so cold." She said barely able to open her eyes. "Tony. You can remove her." Ducky said and I grabbed her and pulled her out. I held her in my arms trying to warm her up. Ducky gave us blankets and then Gibbs came in. "Good job Tony." He said. Mason was still cold and I put my head between her neck and shoulder.

Mason's Prospective

I was so cold and on the floor. There was breathing on my neck. Tony had passed out and I turned my head a bit I saw Ducky. "Mason. Your awake." He said. "Ducky." I sounded like I had a sore throat. "You should get some sleep. Gibbs got the rat bastard who did this to you." Ducky said making me smile. "Thank you." I said and moved a bit closer to Tony.

After an hour my body warmed up and Tony drove me and Jackson home. "Tony. I meant what I said." I said in the car. "I love you. Mason when you said it I felt like my world was crashing down into this perfect city where it's only us." He said making me smile and he grabbed my hand. "I love you." He said and I kissed him. "You should come inside." I said and he smiled.

I put Jackson to sleep and went to bed with Tony. His warm arms wrapped around my chest and his fingertips wrapped around mine and his soft kisses against my neck. His loud snores that are background noise for me to fall asleep to.

By morning I helped Jackson go to school and then Tony came down. "How are you feeling?" Tony asked. "I feel good. I'm probably gonna go jog. You should go to work before my brother kills you." I said and he kissed me. "Maybe I'll call in sick." He said. "If you do I will torture you myself." I said and he backed up defensively. "Fine. But I want you to make me late." He kissed me and pinned me against the counter.

Tony's phone went off while we were sweaty and on the counter. "DiNozzo." He answered walking away. I grabbed the phone from his hands. "Jethro. I'm not feeling my best and Tony is keeping an eye on me. I'll send him in later. Besides who else is gonna hold my hair back while I throw up my breakfast." I said and hung up. I turned around and Tony crossed his arms. "He didn't need you." I said and Tony ran and grabbed me. I laughed and he kissed my neck.

Tony left for work a few hours later and I went for a jog. I went shopping and made pre lunches and dinners for hours after cleaning the kitchen counter. Jackson came home and I was able to help him with homework. When I got him down I fell ill. I was still in his room. Jackson came to my side and I had hit my head. Jackson was crying and shaking me. He ran away and when he came back I heard it. "My mommy is very sick. She fell and hit her head. There's blood. Please help her." I heard him cry out.