Chapter - Nine

Paramedics Prospective

I went up to the house and knocked with my buddy where we got in the house by the little kid. We found the woman laying on the floor with a slight head nick and when we got her on the board she started having a seizure. We turned her and then carried her out.

We let the kid ride in the ambulance with us and he asked for my phone. "This is Gibbs." The voice on the phone said. "Uncle Jethro. Mommy is sick." The kid said. "May I?" I asked for the phone. "Sir. I'm a paramedic working on this woman. She has a small nick on her head and I think she has a stomach bug and dehydration. We are gonna do everything to help her." I set the phone down and we pulled into the hospital. "Come on kid." I said helping him down while my partner filled in the doctors.

Mason's Prospective

I slowly woke up with Jackson by my side and i moved forward. The doctor came in. "Ma'am you had a stomach bug and you didn't drink enough today. I've put you on lots of fluids and this kid is amazing." He said and left. "Jackson." I said and he curled up in a little ball.

After a few hours they discharged me and I got a cab home. I carried Jackson inside and found Jethro looking around. "Jethro." I said and he walked up to me hugging me. "I'm fine. Just a stomach bug and dehydration. I haven't had much to eat today and I made a lot of food too." I said and he smiled. "Let me tuck Jackson in and we can enjoy some coffee." I said and walked away.

I put Jackson down and Jethro handed me a cup. "When the hospital called I had a visitor.." Jethro said as someone knocked. I set the coffee down and went up to the door. I opened it and saw Tony. "Hey." I said and he smiled. "How are you feeling?" He asked. "I'm fine. I was just talking to Jethro." I said and he came in. "Well I'll just get ready for bed." He said making me smile.

I shut the door and went back to the kitchen. "As you were saying?" I asked taking a drink. "Someone came to my place asking for you. Said his name was Joshua." He said and stopped drinking. "Jethro If he goes to your place again don't tell him where I am. Jethro this guy is dangerous." I said as there was another knock on the door. I went to the door and opened it to see Josh. I tried slamming the door but he blocked it and grabbed my neck. Jethro loaded his gun pointing it at Josh. "I need to talk to my wife." Josh said. "I'm not your wife." I said as I was in an arm lock. "I still need to talk to you. Call your man off." He said in my ear. "Leroy. I'll be fine." I said and we backed up slowly. Josh opened the door for me and shoved me in.

We drove to a hotel and he hit a few buttons. "I never signed those papers. We are still married." He said grabbing for my breast but I grabbed his hand twisting just to get a gun to my face. "It was undercover work. It meant nothing." I said and he spun me onto the bed. "Yet we played our roles real well." He kissed my neck and I kicked him off. "Show up to my house again I will shoot you." I said and heard the gun load behind me. "Sit your ass down. I still want to talk." He said and I turned around. "What?" I asked crossing my arms. "I noticed a small thing today when you got out of a cab. A kid. Now it might just be me but he looks about five years old. I'm not a mathematician but I'm thinking that... that kid is mine." He said walking up to me. "You stay the hell away from my son." I said and he grabbed my neck and hair. "If your lying to me I'll kill you." He said. "You wouldn't. You'd lose your life in the CIA." I said and he pushed me away. "You know me too well. Shall I go meet my son?" He pushed me out the door and we drove to the house.

As I opened the door I saw Tony. "Mason. You hurt?" Tony asked. "I'm fine. Where's Jethro?" I asked. "He's with Leroy." Tony said and I slowly nodded. "You named him Jethro? What year do you think this is?" His grip got tighter. "Least I didn't name him Donny." I said as it was his cover name and it made him laugh giving me a chance to elbow his stomach. I grabbed the gun from his jeans and loading it. "I should of known. You always had your ways. I mean I bet she's playing you too." Josh said to Tony. "It was a job. I completed the task that was it. The marriage was a stupid mix up for our undercover lives at the CIA. Nothing more." I said. "Yet there's a kid in there who doesn't know his own father." He pointed. "I want you gone. Before I call in my favor with Beckmann." I said and he his face turned. "Fine." He turned around and walked away.

I watched Josh drive away and I had tears in my eyes. I went to Jackson's room and he wasn't there. "Where is he?" I asked Tony wiping my tears. "Gibbs has him. I can get him to bring him back." Tony said. "No. He's probably safest with Jethro." I said and Tony walked up to me. "Feel like talking about it?" Tony asked. "We were on a undercover case about five years ago and we got the people but in those three months we were undercover I had to marry Josh. After we finished I was done with the case done with him. The only good thing about that case was Jackson." I said. "And what was worse was I had to miss the first part of his life because I was put undercover and I stayed undercover for four years. I just I know what follows Josh and I know how dangerous he is." I said and Tony hugged me. "Mason did he have sex with you against your will?" Tony asked. "We were young and I was stupid it wasn't against my will. I can't take it back because Jackson and you are the best things in my life." I said and Tony went to the bedroom. I followed and he held me.