Chapter - Fifteen

It's been about five years since the birth of the twins and Tony's accident. Jackson is turning ten and the twins are turning five soon. "Marie!" I cried out for as the flames grew but the roof caved. I was crushed beneath the heavy boards.

Two hours earlier

"Marvin Styles.. arrested twice got out on probation both times. Tim, you are in charge of watch.. Mason... you have a wedding you should be getting ready for." Jethro asked. "I'm hiding from Abby.. she has gone over board just slightly." I said and he smiled. "You only have a few hours left." He said. "Only took five years...." I said and he glared at me. "I'm leaving." I said and walked off. Marvin Styles. The name sounded so familiar.

I made it home to pick up the twins, Jackson and the dress. I put it all in the car. I drove to the hotel. Tony's Dad took the kids and played with them. I was in my dress and Jethro came in with Marie. "Mama." She said with stars in her eyes.

"Mason you look amazing

"Mason you look amazing." He said. "I want you all to leave.. I'm already nervous enough." I said and he passed me Marie. "Mama you look beautiful." She said and I sat down.

I was going up to the alter for some pictures and Marie watched patiently. I heard a loud explosion along dust falling. "Marie come here." I said and she came towards me as a board came tumbling forward. I jumped pushing her back and the board hit me. "Marie go outside. Find your father." I said as I saw the photographer get smushed. I grabbed her before she saw. I saw flames and the boards quickly turned to charcoal as I went to some of the exits. They were blocked. "Run!" I said as the roof started tumbling down. I was knocked under some burning charcoal. I groaned quickly putting the flame out of my dress.

I got up to see flames growing large. "Marie!" I cried out. I saw the roof finally cave and crush me beneath it. I was being burned and I pushed myself forward. I saw Marie crying in a ball. "Marie!" I said getting up as she hugged me. "Mama... the door burned me." She cried hugging me. I picked her up and kicked the door down. The smoke in the next building was worse. "Marie breathe in this." I said putting part of my dress covering her mouth like a mask. I ran through the building to the next door which led outside. I banged on the door trying to kick it. I was able to push it open partly. "Marie go.. find your father." I said keeping it open for her. "Marie I love you." I said coughing. "Mama I love you." She said and ran off.

I already inhaled to much smoke. I heard voices outside. "Mason!" I heard Tony's voice. "Tony. Tony. The doors stuck.. I can't open it. Tony tell me they're all safe." I said coughing hard. "Henry and Jackson are safe. You hang on Mason! Hang on!" He tried kicking it. "Tony. I love you." I said putting my head against the door. "I'm gonna try to find another door." I said. I walked off slowly and coughing.

I walked and saw stairs. I climbed them and found a window. I broke it and cut my hand. I climbed out and the drop wasn't pleasing. I took a deep breath as there was another explosion pushing me farther than down. I was on the ground. I had crushed ribs and bruised organs.

I was still strong enough to limp to the front where I saw Tony on his knees. He must have thought the second explosion killed me. "Tony?" I said and he saw me standing and running towards me as I got dizzy letting him catch me.

The fire department came and there were ambulances and police. I was seeing blurs and they had gotten the worse injuries first. I moved from in Tony's arms. "I can walk." I said and he set me down. "I was so worried." He said. "I want to see Marie, Henry, and Jackson." I said.

"They're fine. They're with my dad." He said. "I want to make sure Marie is okay." I said and he touched my face. "Let's go find them." He said and I nodded. We walked for a while.

"Mama!" Marie and Henry yelled and ran towards me. I got on my knees to hug them. "Where's Jackson?" I asked. "Mom!" I saw him with Jethro. "I'm so glad your alive." I said as Jackson hugged me and Tony hugged us. I couldn't believe I was alive. "Let's get you checked out." Jethro said as I stood. "Okay." I said looking at them. "I'll meet you there." Tony said. "Make sure Marie gets checked for inhaling smoke." I said and walked to the ambulances.

I was set on the gurney and they took me to the hospital for a check up. I was with Jethro. "Do you still want me to take your kids this weekend?" He asked. "Yes please." I said and he nodded. They cut the dress and my chest was covered in bruising. "Do you know who did this?" I asked. "I have a few ideas, but don't worry I'll get them before this weekend." He said and I nodded. "Be sure to get them to pay for the expenses." I joked making him smile.

After getting x-rayed they let me go home. I rode in Jethro's car and I kissed my babies when I got in. The twins laid on Jackson's shoulders on the couch. "What now?" I asked Tony as his arms wrapped around me. "Now we go downtown and do the city hall thing. We get Abby and Gibbs... and then we take our mini vacation to our bedroom." Tony said and I smiled. "Right now I say we get them to bed." I said and he grabbed the twins. I carried Jackson to his bed and tucked him in.