Chapter - Twelve

It's been a few hours since I got home and I helped him with his homework. I went to get the door and saw Dad. "Grandpa!" Jackson said and he picked him up. "How are you doing kid?" He asked Jackson. "I'm good. I'm gonna get siblings." He said really excited. "Siblings? As in Twins?" Dad said and I nodded. Dad hugged me. "That's great news." He said and set Jackson down who ran into his room.

"Jackson don't run in the house." I said and Dad stopped. He grunted and put his hand on his chest. "Dad?" I said and he fell over letting me rush to his side. His eyes closed and I listened for a breath. "Dad?! Dad please." I said and started CPR. "Jackson!" I called out and he came out. "Call nine one one." I said and blew into his lungs. "Come on Dad stay with me." I said and continued. Jackson came to my side with tears in his eyes. "Daddy please." I cried out and then I heard sirens. Paramedics came in. "I've been giving him CPR for about fifteen minutes and no response." I said and the paramedic didn't find a pulse. "I need to call my brother." I said and saw Jackson in a corner crying.

"Jackson." I said and sat next to him. "It's gonna be okay." I said and he wrapped his arms around my neck crying. I lifted him and put him on the kitchen counter. I grabbed the phone and used a napkin to wipe Jackson's tears. I dialed Jethros number and then hugged Jackson.

"Gibbs." He answered. "Jethro. It's dad." I said. "What about him?" He asked. "He came to visit... he's gone Jethro. Dad's gone." I said and heard a voice in the background. I hung up and put my hair up. "Okay. So I'm not gonna do nothing." I clicked on the stereo and it was a pop song that aloud me to start dancing around and Jackson joined me. We danced and then it was late. I put Jackson down and tucked him in.

I went into the kitchen and saw Tony walking in. "You've been gone all day. Care to explain?" I asked. "I've had time to think and I have a job to do." He said. "If you had been here you could of comforted me. Or Jackson. Tony my Father came to visit. Within the first five minutes he had a heart attack. Jackson watched his Grandfather die because I couldn't save him." I said and as Tony tried wrapping his arm around me but I pulled away and went to the bathroom.

I wanted to punch the mirror so badly I got on my knees with my forehead on my arms. I took deep breaths and went into the bedroom. I slowly got I to bed and passed out. After a few minutes Tony came in. He wrapped his arms around my body. "I'm sorry. I'll make sure I'm better at this." He said and then I passed out.

When I woke up a few weeks after the funeral there was a small box on my dresser with a note. "Never have I seen this before on a movie. So I wanted to know if you'd be my wife. If you could bring me lunch today. If your answer is yes wear the ring if it's no I'll understand. Tony." I said and I opened the box. It was a nice ring I slipped it on and then went to help Jackson out the door. By lunch I grabbed some burgers. I went to NCIS and my doctor called making sure I come to the appointment at three. I gave Abby the one second finger and her face was shocked. "Okay. I'll see you soon. Abby don't freak out." I said and put the phone in my pocket. "Why.. would I freak out there's just a giant thing on your hand." She said and I nodded. "I need to drop some food off upstairs." I said and she hugged me. "I'm so happy for you and Tony!" She said and I took a deep breath. "I just am excited and debating on if I want to wait till after I give birth to the twins." I said and Abby looked at me. "You should do what makes you both happy." She smiled and I nodded.

I finally was able to get upstairs and no one was there so I left the burgers on desks and left a post it

I finally was able to get upstairs and no one was there so I left the burgers on desks and left a post it. "I wore the ring... Abby saw and that's probably why I missed you." I went downstairs and out to my car.

I went to the office where my doctor checked my blood making sure I was healthy and she made several comments on my ring. When she brought out the ultrasound she saw the twins and said she could almost tell the gender of them. She asked if I wanted to know and I shook my head.

I got home before Jackson and met him at the door. "How are my siblings?" He asked making me smile. "They are healthy and I'm sure we're both excited to see them." I said and he nodded. "I think we should come up with some names for them soon." I said making him smile. "I have a few ideas!" He said running to his room and bringing out a piece of paper. "Wow. Jackson that is a really long list. I will run these over with Tony and get a small bit of sleep." I yawned. "Goodnight Mommy." Jackson went to bed and I sat down waiting for Tony.

The names on the piece of paper were Jackson's friends and Marie and Georgina for two girls and Henry and Dustin for boys. It was late and I fell asleep on the couch. I didn't hear Tony get back and when I woke Jackson was already for school without breakfast or lunch. "Mommy?" Jackson shook me and I turned. "Sorry Jackson I'm not feeling myself today." I said slowly standing up. The twins were up and kicking violently. I made a Pb and j sandwich with extra yogurt and a nutty bar. I had some bacon going and some eggs for him. "Done." I set it all down. The kicks were really hard against my stomach and I went back to the couch. I uncovered my stomach the big bump and placed my hands on the kicking. "Bye mom! Love you!" Jackson ran out the door and I just laid there with my hands on the twins as they relaxed.

I went up to the door and latched the chain. I went to the bathroom and showered. I found my phone and had a few missed calls from Abby. I called her back. "Mason. That you?" Abby answered. "Yea. I was wondering if Tony was anywhere." I said in the kitchen. "I think they had an over night case." She said and I sighed. "Okay. Abby could you tell Tony that it's not good for my health if I'm always worried about him. Because not coming home last night gave me several ideas and I'm carrying twins." I said grabbing lettuce and chicken to make chicken salad.