Chapter - Ten

It had been a few days since Josh showed up and I asked Jackson to tell me if anyone shows up in school. Tony has brought clothes and stays with me. Jackson and I have been close and I have continued my studies on case files and I asked My old CIA boss to put Josh in other cities for me. He agreed as I told him Josh showed up to my house.

It's Jackson's fifth Birthday and yesterday he called Tony Dad. I had taken Jackson from school and gone to the mall. We went out to eat and then visited NCIS. Jackson got a badge and when the elevator dinged he ran off towards the way I pointed. "Dad!" He yelled and Tony saw Jackson. "Dad?" Ziva asked. "It was something he started saying." I said and hugged Jethro. "Mason." Director Vance called down from the top of the stairs. "Duty calls." I said and Jackson hugged Tony tighter.

I went upstairs and Vance told me about Amari asking for me. He was brought to NCIS and I needed to become Macy King today and get Amari to corporate with the agents. I went downstairs and walked up to Tony. "I need to do some stuff. Can you take Jackson out? Just stay away from here until I come home." I said as two agents walked up to me. "Come with us." They said and I gave Jackson a kiss on the forehead. I went with them past Abby and into the interrogation room. "Macy." Amari said. "Amari." I said with my hands cuffed behind my back and sitting on the chair like a guy. "I see somethings never change." He said and I smiled. "Nice seeing you again. But your brother got me caught. These agents are somewhat nice." I said leaning so far back I was able to see the mirror.

"They want us to corporate. We both know I won't. Even though they threatened a son I've never met." I said and Amari rose an eyebrow. "The son?" He asked. "The one I bore about five years ago today." I said and Josh walked in. "Macy King." He said sitting in a chair in the corner. "Special Agent Josh. Oooh. Must be my special day." I said smiling at Amari. "Amari are you gonna corporate?" Josh asked. "I think you might want to rethink that question." Amari said as we both put our hands up and I fake knocked Josh out while still punching him. "After you." I held the door open. I used the elevator to go down to the basement.

I found old clothes and put them on and hot wired a car. Amari day in the seat next to me and in the vehicle was a key card for a hotel room. "Maybe there will be something in this room." I said and drove to the hotel room. We found clothes and some money in the room.

Four hours ago

"We have a car outside the basement waiting for you to Hotwire and drive to this hotel room. From there keep a close eye on Amari and we are gonna monitor the phone calls. If you need anything there is a button under the dresser." Vance said and let Josh in. "Any past and present feelings end now. You both will work on this case together." Vance said. "Sir. Will I make it home in time to see my son blow out the candles?" I asked and he shook his head. "Sorry Mason. This is more important." Vance said. "I actually thought you of all people would understand Director. I've already missed four birthdays and your gonna let me miss his fifth." I said and walked away.

I got a video camera and placed it on the elevator with me. "Jackson. I'm making this for your fifth birthday. I hate that I have to miss this and I hope Tony is spoiling you like I would of. Happy Birthday baby. I love you and I'm so sorry I can't see your smile when you open your presents or when you blow out your candles. I love you Jackson. Don't you forget it." I stopped it and started another. "Tony. This is from me to you. I love you and I'm glad to have met you. What ever happens to me don't let Josh get custody of Jackson. Fight for my son. I love you and I really have to go." I wiped away tears. "Also Tony. Keep an eye on Jethro for me. Don't let him get in a case to close like I did. I love you." I said and stopped it again.

I put the camera back in lock up and wrote Play me on a sticky note. I went downstairs and walked up to Tony. "I need to do some stuff. Can you take Jackson out? Just stay away from here until I come home." I said as two agents walked up to me. "Come with us." They said and I gave Jackson a kiss on the forehead.

I was in the bath in the hotel room washing off my legs. "Macy. How are you feeling?" Amari asked. "Clean. We should find a computer or something and get a few plane tickets out of this country." I said relaxing in the tub. "I have a number to call for emergencies. Kai. My brother." Amari said. "You don't know?" I said looking at him. "Kai got me arrested because he thought I had something to do with your arrest. I got pulled back to that agency because you weren't corporating. I hadn't said anything so maybe we could go back to that plan for next year? Wedding in France in the winter. Maybe after it on our honeymoon we can break out Kai." I said standing up and he handed me my robe. "I wouldn't dream of it." He said and we hugged but then there was a sharp pain. "Kai called me. He told me everything Mason. I told him about your son and that's where I'm going next. To kill him." He said as there was another sharp pain. "I have a bus to catch." He said grabbing the money and walking out while I was on the floor. I quickly moved to the button on the dresser. I clicked it and fell over.

I grabbed a pair of jeans and slipped them on. It took a lot of effort. The door slammed open and I saw Josh. "Mason. Hold on. Your not gonna die. Not today." He put pressure and used his phone to call an ambulance. They rushed me to the hospital and stopped the internal bleeding.

They put stitches and everyone waited in the waiting room. Jackson fell asleep in Tony's arms as they waited. Josh talked to Vance about what had happened and how they caught Amari. He joked to josh about Mason and Josh left because of the old feelings he had just came back when he saw her almost dead. But he saw the way Tony was worried and the way Tony was with Jackson. All Josh wanted to do was ask Mason for some visitation rights.