Chapter Twenty-Two: I Need You

A/N: Hey guys! Exams are over and I am back to writing! Thank you so much for almost 13k reads, almost 200 hearts and your lovely commentary. Since this story will be ending in a little while, please feel free to check out my other Avengers story, The Seven! It has multiple OCs, and many ships, including Bucky Barnes, Peter Parker, Loki Laufeyson and many more! Hope to see you guys soon!

- Harper E. Pierce

"Guys, it'd be great if you could let us back in now," Tony called.

"Nope!" Natasha replied.

"Guys, seriously, let us in, it's freaking cold." Bucky told them.

"Oh, right." she replied, unlocking the door and opening it. The Avengers all sucked in a hopeful breath when they walked in.

"So?" Wanda asked, her brows raising with nervous curiosity. Tony and Bucky looked at each other and smiled.

"I wouldn't want Dani with anyone else but him," Tony sighed while smiling, "although I'm still going to bombard you both with questions,"

"Thank you, Tony." Steve said, hugging his two friends.

"It took you long enough!" Wanda grouched jokingly.

"I'm still pissed at you for keeping their relationship from me, Maximoff." Tony scowled.

"Oh come on! If you had known, things would have been way worse," Wanda threw her arms up in the air out of frustration.

"Wanda, I'm kidding. I know why you did it," Tony laughed at her. She threw a scowl at him in return, but giggled a little. The Avengers began feel better now that the tension in the tower was gone... mostly. They forgot about one very important thing.

"No celebrations yet guys, we still have another shit show to deal with," Natasha told them.

"No we don't, what are you talking about?" Clint replied.

"Clint, Dani doesn't know that Bucky's here trying to fix things, she thinks he's on a business trip, remember?" The redhead reminded him.

"Oh yeah," Sam thought aloud.

"She's going to have come to New York, there's no way we can all go to California just to follow her around, the press will get involved, and that's the last thing we want." Steve said.

"That can be our last resort. We should try to get her here," Tony replied.

"Small problem; unless there's an emergency, we're not going to get her down here." Bucky told them.

"Maybe there should be one," Natasha smirked.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Wanda asked her with a smirk.

"The ten words to activate the Winter Soldier?" Natasha smiled evilly, looking at Wanda.

"Not what I was thinking," Wanda sighed.

"Hell no." Steve growled at the redhead.

"Why not? She's the only one that can get you out of it without causing you pain, that would count as an emergency." She excused.

"No, Nat. What were you thinking, Wanda?" Bucky turned to his friend.

"I was thinking that we could fake an emergency," Wanda told them.

"Dani may be terrible at lying, but she's very good at spotting a liar. There's no way that will work," Tony exclaimed.

"I hate to say, Steve, but maybe Nat's idea will work." Steve sighed.