Chapter Nine: There's Something about Dani

A/N: hey guys! Sorry I haven't been updating for a bit, I had a bit of writer's block. But here's the next chapter. I know I'm evil, I left you on a cliffhanger last  chapter. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter and follow me on Instagram @ harperepierce for updates, contests and occasional memes!

- Harper E. Pierce

During all of Christmas Day, Dani was quiet. She didn't talk to anyone unless they talked to her first, she wouldn't make a single joke, and most of all, she avoided Bucky and Wanda like the black plague. On Christmas, no one really noticed, except that she didn't make any jokes or anything.

Boxing day, however, was a completely different story. Dani never even went upstairs, and didn't see the Avengers at all that day, even when FRIDAY was telling her that she was being called. It was like that for quite a few days. And days turned into weeks. She even skipped new years! She didn't bother showering, she just threw her long dark hair into a messy bun and wore grey sweatpants and a cropped black halter top. She didn't wear any makeup either, she just did what was doing before, sitting on the floor of her bedroom, and staring at the wall, with no movement. But this time, it was different. She wasn't thinking that she couldn't trust anyone or anything, she was thinking about the kiss. She couldn't stop thinking about it, it was like a broken record playing in her head. How it felt, what exactly had happened, how Bucky was about the whole situation, everything.

Speaking of, on Christmas, Bucky convinced himself not to worry and that she had just had a nightmare on the previous night, but as the days went by, and he didn't see her, he was starting to think it was for "other" reasons. Blaming himself for all of it, he did the same thing, he shut himself away.

Tony even tried going down to her floor a couple of times, but his clever daughter closed the elevator off on her floor, and so far, he couldn't get past the security system that she'd installed to keep them out.

"FRIDAY, give me an update on Danielle." He commanded.

"I'm sorry sir, but Danielle has blocked my protocall on status updates. Unless it's an emergency, I can't tell you anything." She replied. Tony's hands started shaking of pure anger. Putting his hands on his desk, and taking deep breaths. It didn't really work, and he just lost it.

"SHIT, GODDAMN, SON OF A BITCH!" He threw everything off of his desk, and almost flipped the table, but Steve stopped him.

"TONY!" He yelled out, getting his attention. The dark haired man looked at him, his eyes slightly watery and his face was twitching and shaking with anger. "She'll have to come out eventually. It's not like she can say locked up on her floor forever."

"Actually, she can. The maids are required to restock the kitchens every day." Vision stated, very matter-of-factly.

"Not helping, Vision," Steve growled at him.

"Great." Tony groaned. "I'm never getting my kid back."

"Yes, you are. Don't doubt yourself, you're both Starks. As good at hacking as she is, who taught her?" Wanda said.

"I did, but then I got Maria Hill to expand her knowledge. As helpful as it is for us on missions, other times I think it was the dumbest decision I ever made."

"Okay, then you might be screwed."

"Thanks a lot, Maximoff, very helpful to the situation."

"Hey Tony, this may sound kind of cruel, but maybe we should turn off the water on that floor." Clint suggested, "it could lure her out of her cave,"

"She's not a bear, Barton." Tony growled abruptly at him.

"I know that Dani is the priority, but what's up with Barnes? He's been doing the same thing Dani has been for a couple of days, minus the extremities Dani has taken for people to leave her alone. He did scream at me when I visited him though. It's like HYDRA has control of their minds again," Natasha wondered aloud. Tony and Steve's jaws tightened at her commentary on the subject. "Relax guys. Neither of them are using their powers uncontrollably or anything, and no one's physically hurting anyone."