His answer caught me off-guard. This was what meant - he loved to play with words.

I couldn't pin point the exact meaning behind his words.

Did he mean it in a good way- you're different than other girls or in a bad way- you're neither a girl more boy way? With Jayden I could never be certain.

"What do you mean by different?" I challenged. He'd never tell me if i never ask.

He looked away from me. I saw his lips moving, he was talking to himself.

"What are murmuring?" I asked exasperatedly. This happened twice now.

"You ask too many questions." Jayden frowned, waving away my questions.

"Because you never answer any." I retorted hotly. He was so friggin' annoying.

His eyes gleamed at my reaction. An amused smile tugging on his lips. "You look cute when you're angry." His tone was light.

Instantly, my face felt like a lava bubbling inside. Hot. I bit my bottom lip, and tried to maintain my composure. He couldn't have this effect on me.

"I-I..." I cleared my throat, my arms still crossed over my chest. I cursed when I stuttered. I tried again. "I am not cute." I looked away from him, unable to meet his eyes.

He was teasing me. He wanted to get a reaction out of me and have fun.

"Little Melody, looking all cute and nervous." He teased.

My arms fell to my side and I grounded my teeth in anger. Memories related to the name he had addressed me with flashed on my mind. He had used the nickname he had given me when we were 14 and I was dumb little girl, stupidly in love with Jayden.

"I thought you said, I was ugly." I said venomously, my tone was harsh and strained.

All traces of smile vanished from his face. Confusion then realization and at last anger crossed his features. He looked pissed, at me?

I wanted to scoff at his face by his reaction. I was the one called ugly by the guy i loved and he looked pissed? It doesn't work that way.

He never explained why he said what he said and i never asked for an explanation. I just stopped talking to him and started avoiding him altogether. I was hurt, embarrassed and my self esteem dropped. And he started picking on me at every chance he got.

"You were the one who-"

Jayden stopped himself mid sentence, his face morphed in fury yet his eyes looked sad.

Closing his eyes briefly, he raked a hand through his hair blowing out a breath. His jaw was taut and set in a hard line.

His incomplete sentence raised my inquisition about the whole thing. Was I missing something? Was there some sort of misunderstanding? Were we both effected by what happened your years ago?

That couldn't be. No, he did that for fun like he was doing it now, making me his slave. What was more humiliating than be under the person you hate?

There possibly couldn't be any misunderstanding. I know what I heard and why he said it. He was playing with my emotions back then, and even now.

I dismissed my curiosity and held myself back from asking him to complete his sentence. I wasn't ready for another harsh comment from him.

"Did you do my homework?" Jayden asked, he didn't seem angry anymore. His face more relaxed yet there was no trace of smile on his face.

Not that I cared.