Chapter 36: I Will Protect Them

Song: Sound Of the Sirens by Sam Tinnesz

*

*

I stretch and yawn as bed time nears. Ace has not yet come home as he's out discussing "gang talk" with some of his men. So, I'm alone in my room.

I decide to change into some of my pajamas and get comfy on my bed. 

Snuggling up into my covers, I turn on my phone to read a Wattpad story called The Cursed Lamb. It's a book about werewolves and how two individuals fight for their lives and for each other. It's a great book that really tugs at my heart and captures emotions, and I think the author is amazing.

"Damn it Duma! That's MY shoe, not yours!" Ace exclaims as he bursts through my door with a slobbery shoe in his hand.

I laugh at Ace's flustered face, and when he spots me lying on the bed, he gets this menacing grin.

He approaches me slowly.

"Ace what are you doing--WAIT" But I don't even have a chance to protest when he suddenly starts to tickle me. His fingers make their home in my armpits and I squeal like a pig with laughter.

"Ace, s-stop!" I scream while I wriggle uncomfortably from under him. "T-that tickles, ah!"

Ace just grins. "That was my good shoe, too! Your dog did this to my shoe so I'm punishing you for it."

"O-okay! I get it!"

Once Ace stops tickling me, I lay there on the bed catching my breath. I sit up, staring him right into the eyes as things fall silent between us.

And then he kisses me. We seem to become one when we kiss, and each time is no different than the last. It's full of passion and love for one another.

"Dinner is serv-" Katelin says but doesn't finish her sentence when her eyes land on us.

I pull away from Ace and he groans in protest. "We've got a bystander." I say, and point to Katelin.

Katelin stands there awkwardly as we stare her down. She rubs her arms uncomfortable and coughs a few times. "I'll just....uh, go now." She says before zipping out of the room like lightening.

We smile at each other before leaving the room to go get our dinner.

* * *

Ace's POV:

The next night comes quicker than I would have liked it to. Missions like these are always long, dangerous, and stressful. Cherry my seductress has arrived in my office, along with Jordan and Drew.

I hand Cherry a little bug so we can listen in on their conversations and monitor how the progress is going.

"Alright, here is the run through for tonight. Cherry, you will go to Lar's VIP club, and when you find him, you are to seduce him. When he takes you to his mansion, you are to kill him whenever the time is right."

"Of course, anything for you, Sugar." She replies, seductively winking at me.

So, Cherry makes her way to the club. We can hear the loud music blasting through the little speaker we had given her. "Target spotted, Boss." She says.

Good.

"Well hello there pretty lady." Lars says.

And so everything goes as plan. Cherry dances with Lars and teases him. They drink together, but Cherry is smart enough not to drink too much. Being drunk on a mission like this could cost us.

"Dad, I'm just going to leave now. It's sickening to watch you all....like this." We hear Luuk grumble through the speaker.

"Whatever, Luuk. Now, where were we, my dear?" Lars says.