Chapter 34: Ends in Rain

Song: Back to You by Selena Gomez

Thank you Zoyaanum09 for this suggestion! :)

*

*

Counseling.

I groan in frustration and fling the laptop across the couch. My hair sticks in every which way from running my hands through it so many times, and I look like a mess.

I've been searching for a counselor about, er...sex. It's because I'm afraid and terrified that the act will bring back too many painful memories. I'm Ace's girlfriend now, so.....things are changing.

And I want to be prepared.

But I can't be prepared when I'm terrified.

And there's one problem.

All these damn specialists are so expensive!

I don't really want Ace spending that kind of money on me....but I also want to get this issue that I'm facing taken care of.

"Dakota? Do you know where the--Are you okay?" Ace asks as he walks into the room examining my messy state.

"Oh, yeah...well I actually have something to....talk to you about." I say nervously.

"Okay." Ace says, shrugging as he gnaws on a chocolate bar.

"Uh, erm...this is kind of serious so if you would sit down maybe?"

Ace's face falls.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't realize." Ace says, taking a seat and setting his chocolate bar down the coffee table.

"Yeah, that's okay." I say, grabbing my laptop to check the information about the counsellor.

"So, uh, what's this about?"

"Well, Ace.....I've been thinking. I've been thinking a lot actually. I've been thinking so much about this that I lie awake at night. You know when your brain just never shuts off and it seems like you can never fall asleep because these thoughts just keep you up at night and-"

"Rambling, Dakota. You are rambling." Ace says, chuckling.

Oh....right. Oops.

I bite my lip in slight embarrassment and clear my throat. "So, uh what I've been thinking about is counselling. I have this, uhm...fear. Fear of...."

Damn it just say it Dakota it's not like it's a bad word.

Then again...even if it was a bad word that still wouldn't stop me from using it....

Ace sips his water casually.

"Fear of....sex."

Ace is now choking on his water casually.

Once Ace gains his composure he speaks. "Oh....right."

"I just want to overcome this fear. I don't want to ruin it for you or anything so I'm thinking that maybe a counsellor will...you know, maybe help me?"

Ace sighs. "Don't feel pressure for sex because of me. I can wait. I think if you want to get over your fears, then go for it."

"Really? Are you sure? It's kind of expensi--"

"I don't care what the price is. I've got enough money and it doesn't hurt to spend it on someone else. Especially, if that someone else is my girlfriend." Ace says smiling. 

I throw myself into his arms, muttering a series of thanks into his chest.

"I'm here for you, Dakota. And I will support you through everything."